Re: DOOR WRITING DESK

There appears to be an ever thinning line between shabby-chic and simply no imagination bordering on plain lazyness. . .

Reply to
SwampBug

True, but many years ago, when I needed a desk, I used a door, too. No chic at all, and it didn't require much imagination. Just dropped the thing across 2 two drawer file cabinets and went to work. I used that thing for upwards of 10 years, in fact, updating only my office chair and going from an SCM electric typewriter to an IBM Selectric.

Come to think of it, the office chair was one I got in a used office furniture store in Port Jervis, NY.

Charlie Self

"If our democracy is to flourish, it must have criticism; if our government is to function it must have dissent." Henry Commager

Reply to
Charlie Self

I understand necessity. . .this looks more like a play to "what's in now" than necessity. . .I watched this "Christopher Lowell" guy, who obviously cut his teeth on filming set design, do very nice and simple things with very little. Nothing wrong with that, , ,it's these guys who pull something out of the road side trash pickup, slap a doily on it and call it decorating that yanks my chain. . .

Reply to
SwampBug