Re: breadboard ends

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 15:18:15 GMT, the infamous "Joe" scrawled the following:

What is the wreck's opinion on how wide a breadboard end can be on a kitchen >table? I'm looking to add length, but don't want proportions to look bad. >Overall, the table will be 6'9" by 3'6"

I'd go with 3'6", Joe.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You're a bad, bad man.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

A good default ratio is the golden mean.

Nonny

I know about the golden mean. can you elaborate on the calculation you'd use to get to the width of the breadboard end with this method? I guess I'm not seeting how you'd apply it.

thanks

jc

Reply to
Joe

Joe, I was of the opinion you had the width worked out and the overall length, less the ends was known as well. If I was doing it, I'd take the width, multiply by 1.6 or 1.7, then subtract the existing length and divide by 2.

Reply to
Nonny

Oh, ok. I get where you were going. I'll post pics to abpw when it's finished.

Thanks.

Reply to
Joe

Hi Joe, I made a few cutting/butcher boards, using left over Maple, Jarrah and Mahagony lumbers. You may want to take a look. I am going to take some picture and post it within an hour.

DW

Reply to
WD

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:01:34 -0600, the infamous Chris Friesen scrawled the following:

What, you don't like literalists, Chris? ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 16:59:35 -0700, the infamous "Nonny" scrawled the following:

way too deep for a breadboard end. 2-1/2 to 3-1/2" would be my guess, but I'd check that physically before working the pieces too far.

Reply to
Larry Jaques