Re: Amusing conversation with Rockler customer service

"mac davis" wrote

I couldn't have made this up but wish I had the talent to: >

Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,, eventually they got it right.

Serves ya right for being a four-in-er.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

No biggie. A misunderstanding. Be grateful they WILL accommodate you by shipping via USPS. Some just will not.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Yeah, except we're talking about a $27 order including shipping.. You'd think they could have just shipped another one to me without waiting for the one they shipped wrong to come back..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Yep.. those that I don't order from.. You'd be surprised at how many places DO us the mail if you request it..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Sometimes it's the foreign mail service.

I worked for a company that had an office in Milan. All our mail went to Switzerland where an employee would make the drive daily to retrieve it, such was the awfulness of the Italian postal service.

If you think I jest, this was about the time that one of the Rothschild's sons was kidnapped in Rome. The kidnappers mailed one of the son's EARS to the family to demonstrate their resolve.

The ear took TEN DAYS to be delivered in the same city.

But everything is relative.

At the turn of the last century, there were FOUR mail deliveries per day in London. One could send an invitation to an afternoon soiree and receive an RSVP long before tea-time.

Reply to
HeyBub

Sounds like the postman would take the mail out and deliver it as it came in. Unlike today where someone comes once a day with 300lbs of junk mail.

It gets worse though, at least in my apartment building. A number of the delivery people are too lazy to even hit the buzzer code when there's a package delivery. Damned if they're going to bring it up to the front door. They simply paste a 'not at home' tag in the lobby and leave. I've watched them do this on the security camera. Then it's up to me to take the tag and wheel my chair 300 yards to the postal outlet to pick up the package. I've called in and complained a number of times about this, but they don't care.

Reply to
Upscale

They should have earmarked the address label.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski