Amusing conversation with Rockler customer service

I couldn't have made this up but wish I had the talent to:

Thank you for shopping with Rockler. A copy of your order will be sent to snipped-for-privacy@splintersdavisbaja.com. Your order may be sent in different shipments. If it is, no additional charges will apply.

Order Notes: Must be sent US Postage, Can not receive UPS _________________________________________________________________

Your email indicates that the order was shipped by UPS.. This order was supposed to go USPS, not UPS.. UPS does not deliver to Post Boxes..

mac _________________________________________________________________ Thank you for your email. I checked our records and show we have a po box and a PMB. Is a PMB a physical address? If it's not a physical address, please supply your physical address so we can contact UPS with it. Sincerely, Rockler Order Department

__________________________________________________________________ The instructions on the order were MUST BE SENT US Postage.. A PMB is a personal mail box.. We do not have a physical address in the United States..

mac _______________________________________________________________

Thank you for your email. I apologize the order was shipped by UPS in error. Please forward a physical address. Once we have this information we will contact UPS to update your information for delivery of your package. ________________________________________________________________

I don't know how much clearer I can make this.. If it COULD be sent to a physical address, one would of been supplied.. We live in Mexico and all mail goes to our PO Box in California and is brought down by courier.. What part of "Must be shipped by USPS" is not being understood?

mac ___________________________________________________________________

Thank you for your email. I apologize the order was shipped by UPS. We are contacting UPS to have the package returned. Once the package is returned we will reship by USPS to your post office box.

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

I could not make this up either.

Got a new 23" Dell monitor, contacted Dell "Chat" to find out how to install the drivers. I was having a mental lapse as I finally woke up and took care of the situation my self. But any way after 40 minutes on the Chat with Dell Tech support they still could not tell me how to install the video driver and I gave up on them. A follow up e-mail from Dell wanted to know if every thing was resolved. ROTFL I pasted the entire 40 minute chat in the reply box. 1 hour later I got a response to that e-mail indicating that my complaint had been escalated and tech support would contact me with in 4 business days.

SERVICE!

Reply to
Leon

I bought a really nice 24" widescreen lcd monitor from Dell. Had problems getting it from their website so went through the call center. The gentleman with the indian accent took my order and my credit card number. I received the monitor but saw on my credit card statement that I'd also been billed for something else--turns out it was the next person's order from the same customer service guy. After much time on the phone sorting things out they promised to refund it. Next statement they refunded both charges. Being a nice guy I called them up and said that they'd screwed up and removed the charges for the monitor that I'd actually received. Their response...."I'm sorry sir but I have no record of you purchasing a monitor."

Oh well, I tried.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

Yes and the sad fact is, all these jobs shipped overseas are to save $$$$ Why bother?

Reply to
evodawg

well...... at least they didnt hit you with several shipping charges. This just happened to me with amazon. Apperently the order [that was ordered all at the same time and paid for all at one time with the same card] had to be shipped from 3 seperate vendors so I got hit with

3 shipping charges! It was cabinet hardware and could have all come from the same vendor. 23 bucks for an 87 dollar order? bit much..... Care to guess who wont get any more of our business? Be glad rockler will work it out for ya cause amazon would not! hope all arrives soon mac.

skeez

Reply to
skeez

Drivers? For a monitor? They're likely too young to have heard of such a thing. ;-)

Reply to
keithw86

I was about to say that I bought a 20" monitor three or so years ago from Dell and a 24" off brand (Soyo) a year later for half what the Dell cost. The Dell never gets used. ;-)

Your gloat is even better. Did anyone tell you that you suck?

Reply to
keithw86

Shipping charges weren't disclosed when you place your order?

Reply to
keithw86

I have been using a NEC 18.1 5/4 since June 2001 and paid $1,100 for it. It still works fine, can't say that for either of the Trinitrons that preceded it. I never regretted spending the money, I was done with CRT's. I was really wanting a 24" 16/10 this time but for $172 with tax and shipping included the 23" 16/9 is just fine.

If you have a big monitor you don't need a lot of money. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

I had the same kind of problems with HP support concerning a Compaq monitor. Unfortunately, when tech support called, the gentleman on the other end had such a heavy Indian accent I couldn't understand him. I could understand enough to know he got very angry when I politely asked if I could speak to someone with less of an accent.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

RE: Subject

When it comes to HP, they make decent printers, the rest of the product line can go straight to the old bit bucket.

I dumped their crap long ago.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"Larry Blanchard" wrote

I have a hearing loss and speaking to someone on the phone with a heavy accent is not only extremely difficult, but cruel and unusual punishment.

I had trouble installing an HP printer on my wife's computer and spent about an hour and a half being abused by some Indian tech support drone. When the ordeal was over, I figured out that the problem could have been solved in five minutes with a tech support person who spoke real english. And that could have been avoided by a page or two of instructions included in the printer package.

It is my sincere belief that many of the folks who run these electronic products compaines go into this line of work to torture people. No doubt because they were treated badly in their youth due to poor social skills. And they never got laid. The facts support this theory.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Well, well, well!!!!! That is not very PC now, izzit?

Reply to
Robatoy

Their printers are "decent" I suppose, but I'm not sure they're that much better than anything else out there. The software they package with those printers, on the other hand, is some of the worst crap I've ever used. Bloated, slow, buggy, and downright inoperable. Oh, you just want to install the basic drivers without all the other crap? Sorry, there's no option for that.

Reply to
Steve Turner

Agreed, a couple of years ago we upgraded our home printer to a HP L7780 network job. Its a pretty good printer and does not use too much ink but ht einstall instructions failed to point out that you cannot hook up the printer USB AND wirelessly. If you want a combination of printing wirelessly and hard wired it has to be installed "wired" to the router. No if only the manual would have said that I and the tech would not have spent half a day screwing with it. Finally the tech asked how the printer was hooked up? And do you really need 3 hp file managers to be installed???

I have had 3 HPs, 6 Canons, and a 3 Panasonics. The Canons are as simple and user frinedly as I have ever had.

Reply to
Leon

Maybe decent, but high-priced ink cartridges that come with an expiration date. Theoretically to make sure the ink is of proper quality and doesn't degrade. Realistically to prevent you from refilling the cartridges. There are instances of people stocking up on cartridges and not being able to use them because they have expired and the printer refused to use them. [My information is a couple years old, maybe they've changed, I haven't bothered to check recently. I'm using a Brother printer because it has full support for Linux, Windows, and Mac -- a necessity for my household]

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Dump the printers, too. They're crap.

BINGO!

Get a b/w Brother laser printer. You don't really need a color inkjet. If ya wanna get a print of a color picture, put the file on portable media and go to Walmart or a printshop and get a couple prints. Use the b/w printer for everything else. Brother makes a killer laser printer for little money and they're damn near bullet proof. I've had mine for four yrs, moved across 4 states, dropped it, banged it, it's been in an auto accident..... Still works as good as the day I bought it. I use linux too. Took all of about 30 secs to set up.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Very much like the one my wife had with Hughesnet on their support chat.. She was complaining about being put on FAP and the internet being too slow to use.. The person she was chatting with kept asking why it took so long for her to make each reply.. Duh..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Shipping charges weren't disclosed when you place your order?

========== Amazon is usually pretty good about doing that. The only bad surprise I got in the past few years was a vendor that slapped on sales tax after the order was completed. It seems everyone is a bit more strident these days, more ready to nickel and dime you. I very seldom pay shipping on Amazon. Or maybe you might say I pre-pay the entire year's shipping costs up front every October. I order enough from Amazon that the $80 Prime membership pays for itself a few times over.

Reply to
MikeWhy

I have a Canon MF4150 multi-function laser printer - best printer I've ever owned, and the accompanying software is unobtrusive, functional, and bug-free (at least in my experience).

Reply to
Steve Turner