Quiz for FWW readers

Folks -

I saw a post here some time ago about the article on shop fires in the latest FWW... I have been a subscriber for years and just got my issue

*yesterday*.... How does this compare to those of you in other areas? I am in Northern California, about 3 hrs North of SF.

John Moorhead Lakeport

Reply to
John Moorhead

"John Moorhead" wrote in news:LdUqd.51906$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:

Mine came early last week.

Glenn Madsen Martinez

Reply to
patriarch

You mean the Shops & Tools Issue? I'm about half an hour south of SF (in San Carlos), and I got mine in time to take it with me on my Thanksgiving trip. I left Tuesday morning, so it must've come Monday - if it'd come Saturday I'd probably have started it Sunday.

-BAT

Reply to
Brett A. Thomas

Got mine well before the Thanksgiving (US holiday David) break.

UA100 Mahwaukee, Wis., USA

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Shops & Tools Issue I received it 1 week ago. I`m in Belgium.

Reply to
Wouter Overmeire

Germany: last Saturday

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Jordan

Got mine in Los Angeles a week before T'giving.

Reply to
Ian Dodd

Got mine a few weeks ago.

Allyn Las Vegas, NV

BTW I am not happy with the suggestion that one can build their own fire sprinkler system with pvc pipe and a couple of $5 heads from the local contractor. These systems need to be designed to provide proper coverage using calculated pressures and placement. Otherwise, I through the article was fine.

Reply to
Allyn Vaughn

Mine came a week ago. But then there is the day or two lag whilst the USPS finds a pack train willing to take the mails up the mountain. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

In western Canada

Got my issue on Saturday

Reply to
brandt

Yeah, I gotta say, I was thinking while I was reading that, "no way I'd trust my only sprinkler installation in a fire without testing it, and no way I'm testing a sprinkler installation in my shop." Seems like a good job to outsource, to me.

-BAT

Reply to
Brett A. Thomas

About 2 weeks ago. Dallas, Texas

Reply to
brian roth

I'm in Dixon, I got the Shop and Tools issue well over a week ago.

-jbb

Reply to
J.B. Bobbitt

Got mine about 2 weeks ago; and I'm inTucson.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

You can't just spring these quizzes on us. I demand some sort of notice.

My subscription hasn't started yet. But, if it had, it looks like I would have gotten it before you. Is your postman a woodworker? Do the pages look well feathered?

hmmmm?

Eric

Reply to
mnterpfan

Indianapolis; got mine the same day the post appeared about shop fires, whenever that was. Couple weeks ago?

Doug Miller

Mine came a couple weeks ago.

I was "Printing and Mailing" chairman for a large technical conference a few years ago. When you do a large mailing, it is not unusual for it to take

2-3 weeks to get everything sent.

Steve

Reply to
Steven and Gail Peterson

Couple of weeks ago - Central Oregon.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

John Carlson

Aviation Week sends its mailings out over the business week, on a rotating basis. Some weeks I get it on Monday, others as late as Friday. Not sure what the rotation is, I suspect by last name.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita