Question about air staplers - help appreciated!

Sorry if this is a silly question. I'm looking to purchase an air stapler that takes a narrow crown staple (1/4"?). So far I've found that most advise the minimum staple length recommended is 3/8". My question is, is it a definite NO-NO to use a 1/4" staple length in a gun that recommends 3/8"?

Any help appreciated!

Reply to
ncgirl

ncgirl wrote:> So far I've found that most

Only if you want to keep the warranty intact. But seriously, stick to the manufacturer's recommendations, or maybe use a manual stapler? Tom

Reply to
Tomeshew

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 02:48:32 GMT, "ncgirl" Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

umm yes

it wont work

get the stanley bostich narrow crown stapler,,,you wont be dissapointed

Traves

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock

The wood that I'm stapling is about 3/8" thick. I've found that often times the staples are slightly too long and penetrate too deeply so as to cause splitting. I'm hoping that a shorter leg length will help alleviate the problem.

Reply to
ncgirl

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey