Quality of fasteners at McMaster-Carr

Are the screws, bolts, and nuts of good quality at McMaster-Carr? I want to buy 100 count boxes of common screws, bolts, and nuts so I don't have to run to the hardware store all the time. McMaster-Carr is probably 50% less expensive than the hardware store.

I needed a bunch of hinges and other hardware items and ordered them from McMaster-Carr. Part of the order was not what I was expecting and I ended up rebuying at the local hardware store.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

For screws I recommend McFeeley Screws. For nuts and bolts, you will get a consistent quality if you order by grade.

Reply to
Leon

I get just about all of my fasteners from McMaster, including stainless steel square drive woodscrews, and have been very happy.

Plus, they show up in a day or two.

Bill.

Reply to
William Gamin

We use them at work. They are a pretty good grade, equal to most any industrial supply house.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
Mark

Reply to
Mark and Kim Smith

they have good product. for a brand choice go to

they let you choose the brand. prices and shipping is usually pretty much the same.

Reply to
Steve Knight

Brian

McMaster-Carr is probably 50% less expensive than the hardware store.

I do this several times a year. Always Stainless Steel. And order by grade if possible. If they don't list your side just query them. They usually have it. I also find the price saving greater than 4:1. And the selection seems to be endless. Bob AZ

Reply to
RWatson767

As others have said, when buying nuts and bolts, stick with the grade you want (grade 5, grade 8, etc.) and you should be fine. The local McMaster-Carr warehouse is in the industrial part of my town, so I just pop by will-call on my way home.

todd

Reply to
todd

Reply to
John Laurence Poole

What exactly do you want to know? McMaster tells you what specs they meet, give material descriptions, give descriptions of the types available. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

John Laurence Poole wrote in news:LbZVb.11023 $ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com:

Is this what you are looking for: