Puzzle Translation

A possible translation for those who were interested in:

construction is extremely simple. An either side trace a swallowtail (I always started out with the plug/tenon).

Next on the front make the diagonal cuts together, supported and braced. The swallows emerge from the back side-piece and then are cut and joined.

Push them in on each other to make the diagonal joint.

(Thank you, JOAT, for posting the address.)

Glenna

Reply to
Glenna Rose

Fri, Jan 28, 2005, 9:06am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@pmug.org (Glenna=A0Rose) tries to get out of a sacrifice to the Woodworking Gods with: (Thank you, JOAT, for posting the address.)

I'll try to be more careful in the future.

JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

That last time this "puzzle" came up it was called "The Impossible Joint". I posted a GIF file that shows how it works to a.b.p.w. then but I guess it's worth reposting there

- see Impossible Joint/Puzzle Joint

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b