PSI DC1B-XL dust collectors

I'm looking for a DC unit with a 1 micron filter and have a few questions about these Penn State Industries units..

There's only a $70 difference between the 'standard' model and the canister version.

My thoughts are the canister would pay for itself, by not having to replace the bags, but, after how log?

How tall are these units? My garage ceiling is only 82", is that sufficient?

Also, could either (on any) DC unit be placed towards the back of the garage or should it be closer to the front (nearer the garage door) to reduce drafts blowing though the garage?

FWIW, I currently have a dust separator, attached to a 25 gal metal can which I plan on using with the DC usit as well?

Any other comments / tips on these units would be appreciated?

Ron

Reply to
Ron