Professional woodworker 12" compound miter saw switch

Can anyone tell me where I can get the switch for my model 3134 and don't tell me the factory...tried that to no avail. They don't even have a manual parts break down for it...lol

Reply to
kinneyloral

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

If you take the switch out, you can probably find some sort of part number on the switch itself; searching online for that part number may be of help. Especially, try Grainger and DigiKey.

Reply to
Doug Miller

On 06/15/2016 7:11 AM, Doug Miller wrote: ...

Jameco and/or Mouser are far better choices than Grainger...

The local ACE has a pretty good selection of replacement handtool switches to choose from...

Reply to
dpb

I tend to agree about Grainger...when I was in facility maintenance I bought a 3/4 HP induction motor from them, later I saw that our local Fleet Farm had the same motor for $75 less than Grainger! (No shipping charge factored)

Reply to
Bob Villa

Doug Miller wrote in news:XnsA628534DA18A2dougmilmaccom@213.239.209.88:

You may want to try a smaller electronics site like Goldmine Electronics or All Electronics. They display pictures as a big part of their catalog, and it may be easier to match up an unknown switch to a picture of a similar item, then go looking for one that matches the details of the switch.

No affiliation with either company, they just use a different approach to their catalog I felt may be useful.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

what happened to the switch

why not attempt repair first

if not matching your switch is not hard with the parametric searches on the good parts sites

Reply to
Electric Comet

Yes. That switch is not unique to the manufacturer. Grizzly also has a fair selection of switches. Some of the switches that have bigger housings with large paddles on them actually contain a smaller switch that might be the same as your saw's.

Grizzly has specs for their switches that usually include the make/model of the actual switch as well as their dimensions and electrical ratings. As long as the switch has the same ratings and will fit in the switch mount for your saw, it can be used.

(switches)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Grainger w/o a vendor discount is about as pricey as it gets other than, perhaps, McMaster-Carr. But, my recommendation was based on simply the much larger selection of manufacturers and components from the electronic supply folks who specialize instead of just a (relatively) small number from which to choose...

And, of course, as another poster follow-up says, as long as the switch has at least as high current rating as the original, "if it fits..." (oh, that was in some other context, wasn't it??? :) )

Reply to
dpb

...and, of course, we had an account as a multi-million dollar healthcare organization with Grainger.

Reply to
Bob Villa

With that on the application, the organization probably got a 50% additional rider before the 20% discount... :)

Reply to
dpb