Powermatic bandsaw info?

hey! that's it! I didn't even notice it today in my haste. Good going!

CB Tools in San Jose has them as of today. They can't keep 'em in stock.

dave

Forrest Chamberla> Oops, my bad. You said to check out Southern Tool--I assume this is it:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Give up, they're talking about imports, not American iron.

Reply to
My Old Tools

do I smell snobbery?

dave

My Old Tools wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Whatever gets you through the night Dave!

Rich

Reply to
Rich

I saw some mention in a BS comparison that the Powermatic could only be tensioned to about half what the Delta 14" could be...

Not good for resawing if thats true.

Reply to
David Binkowski

did you stay up all night dreaming that one up?

dave

David B> I saw some mention in a BS comparison that the Powermatic could

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

You really should change your addy to "Bluster Again Dave". It would be infinitely more appropriate.

Reply to
Upscale

Best tension achieved in the FWW No153 tests was 15000psi at 3/4" tension. Best results were achieved by the Shop Fox G9970, RIGID BS1400 and the General 90-100 M1; each achieving 15,000psi. The Jet machine came in at

10,000psi.

The Powermatic was not one of the test machines.

Reply to
Groggy