PING: Karl

Karl, you probably missed my questions on an earlier thread you started. I has been hijacked and devolved into a spirited discussion of dishwashing t echniques, machines, rack build, cleaning of flatware, and different types of detergents and their performance.

So one more time, to try to pick it up, this was copied from your thread:

nRefresh?noredirect=1

Another really nice job, Karl. Your final product always looks so clean an d well thought out, I can't imagine your clients not being thrilled with it . I really liked the "trapeze" that suspends the mixer. How much cabinet modification to the carcass did it take to get that strong enough to suspen d the mixer safely? Is that a purpose built piece of kitchen hardware? It reminds me of some computer hardware I have installed.

Also, are those your doors or did you have them made? That style of design and finish seems like it would be great for foil thermoplastic, but I coul dn't tell from your pics. As we spoke a while back, I haven't made a door for myself in years...

Once again, nice work!

************************

So, inquiring minds still need to know...

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

I have answers but they might better come from him for the nitty gritty details ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Too busy to pay attention.

Thanks, Robert. The kitchen was part of a job that also included two bathrooms. Just didn't post those pics as one vanity and tiled shower is starting to look just like the next, with rare exceptions.

(Did update the above link with regard to the kitchen portion with more photos yesterday, after the wallpaper, appliances were installed, a mini saga in itself).

Make a long story short, salesman sold the client an installation package along with the appliances. I agreed to play along with that scenario, but intended to be there when the installers showed up, knowing from experience the a salesman will do anything to make a sale. Solo dude shows up to install, without proper tools, in a rented truck, and with an attitude.

Basically, cabinets are mine until paid for, and no DIY TV show trained idiot, with a burned blade in a sawzall is touching them. His ass was gone before he had time to do any damage. A bit of angst for the client, but that part is now done properly.

I can sleep, and she is tickled, which is all that counts.

Suffice it to say that when I can have 39 custom made doors and drawer fronts, from a trusted door shop whom I have been doing business with for 15 years, all for $1024.00, it has ceased making any sense in me making doors, except for one or two offs, when I eat my own dog food, or for furniture projects.

Thanks again.

Done ...

Reply to
Swingman