PING: J Clarke

John - I put up a response to your roofing question, a little later than I wanted to. Duty calls sometimes, you know.

There could be some things there that help out. Didn't want you to think I blew you off.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Thanks very much. For some reason it didn't make it to my server--had to go to google groups--if you hadn't pinged me I'd have never known.

I think you've pretty much addressed all my questions. I've got plastic capped nails paid for so they're no problem--FWIW, the GAF site says specifically that stapling Deck Armor voids the warranty so that's out--put down with plastic capped nails it's rated to be waterproof under direct exposure for 120 days, whcih means that once I've got it down I can shingle as time allows without having to worry about keeping a tarp over everything that's not covered.

I think the confusion over shingles has to do with the rest of the job--there's a 1.5 in 12 shed attached to a 6-in-12 garage--the garage gets shingled, the shed gets Liberty.

Reply to
J. Clarke

On Jun 13, 1:12=A0pm, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" wrote: [snip]

=2E...does that mean what it means around these parts?

Reply to
Robatoy

Good luck on the project!

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Probably not. I've heard about you northern boys and those long lonely winters, shut in with nothing to do.... ;^)

Robert

(From Texas, where men are men, and sheep are afraid.)

Reply to
nailshooter41

Q: How do you know when you're getting close to College Station (Texas A&M)? A: The sheep and the heifers are backed up to the fence(s).

Right, Swing?

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave in Houston

LOL ... read on, realizing however, that ONLY an Aggie is authorized to tell the following:

What do you call an Aggie with a sheep under each arm?

... pimp!

Eat your heart out jo4hn! :)

Reply to
Swingman

....does that mean what it means around these parts?

No! It doesn't mean he's pouring his cats milk in his crotch for a quickie!

Reply to
Mike

Location, location, location.

In Texas, they call em "Aggie Jokes".

Other places call em "Pollack jokes".

Same results.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

eeeeeuuuuuuuuuww. titter.

Reply to
jo4hn

Reminds me of the one I heard...

Did you hear about the new "Survivor" show. It is filmed in Texas and the contestants must drive around the state completely in a pink Cadillac with 2 bumper stickers. One that says "Gay Pride" on a rainbow colored background and one that says "Gun control...I'm for it"

I don't see any one winning.....

Allen

Reply to
Allen Roy

Upper midwest, it's UP'er jokes (don't know if I've got that spelled right, I'm not from there,just know people who are)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

All Texans are in favor of gun control. It's important to hit where you aim.

-- Doug

Reply to
Douglas Johnson

Or the bumper/window sticker: IF YOU'RE CLOSE ENOUGH TO READ THIS, YOU'RE IN RANGE.

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave in Houston

you mean: yeeeeeeeeuuuuuwwwwww?

Reply to
Robatoy

eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwweee.

Reply to
jo4hn

Link:

**
**

B A R R Y

Reply to
Pat Barber

A popular british show called "Top Gear" had something similar as one of their challenges (a southern USA special). They painted each others cars with stuff that they thought would get them in trouble with the locals. At a service station the presenters were chased by rednecks and had to quickly pull off on a highway and clean off the signage so they could give them the slip. It was a bit scarey.