Pics of My Shop Made Baseboard

This is what I came up with to go over the engineered hardwood we put in the home office. I like minimal & classic... hopefully I achieved it. Pics, later, of the install.

-MIKE-

I like the shape and style. But... I like baseboard a little taller than 4.5"... but that's personal. Don't you just love working with poplar? IMHO, it is almost the perfect wood.

Reply to
Robatoy

Ironically, that's why I went with what I did. :-) The existing baseboard was that horrible clam-shell stuff that was probably meant to be window casement. So this is a lot higher. But I'm also a fan of scale, and since this room is only 11x12 and I can almost touch the ceiling, I stopped where I thought the scale was appealing.

I am thinking about some chair rail, though. :-)

Yes, I do.... cheap, but hard and clean.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I'm looking forward to pics of it installed.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I knew a stripper like that.

RicodJour

Thank you. I will post them.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I was already thinking of the jokes as I was typing that.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Who's joking?

RicodJour

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

OK, then. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

In news:igsvod$5mq$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org,

-MIKE- spewed forth:

Real easy to work with

Reply to
ChairMan

Yea I like it. It is clean, classy, not overdone.

Reply to
tiredofspam

Before going to chair rail - look at other machines about the office.

The large rolling trash cans - where do they rub.

The pallet jacks or do you use smaller carts ?

We installed a band in a section of a large building - and found out yet another hand truck hitting the wall.

We finally used 10" wide boards that were beautified on the tops.

Another about Elbow height was needed for other carts.

Offices can be complex. The cleaning crew and the mail cart throw different mixes in when you have a shipping department in there...

Mart> >>> This is what I came up with to go over the engineered hardwood we put in

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

LMAO!! Ok, Martin, I'll keep all of that in mind. :-)

This is a bedroom converted to a home office, because my wife has started telecommuting. I'd love a cleaning crew, but I don't think I could fit a pallet jack in the upstairs hallway.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Yes, and it leave plenty of room to decorate it with decals or stencils.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

eeeeeeeeeeewwwwah.

Reply to
-MIKE-

'Twas a complement.

BARK!

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

But you won't know until you try. Have a camera ready when you try it. And wear running shoes and a helmet if the wife is home.

RicodJour

Oh, I know and it's appreciated. I was commenting on your succinctness. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote

Wide chair rail band is a great place to put wallpaper border, if you were to find something you like.

Reply to
Morgans