pickup trucks

do not know much about the significance of the models chosen

i like them all but the 53 chevy is my favorite of the four with the ih in second place

Reply to
Electric Comet

I agree...F1 3rd.

Reply to
Bob Villa

Same here. A guy I know had one fully restored, nice wood in the bed. Recently sold it for $24k.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I had occasion to do some work on one a couple of years ago. Nice truck but the owner wanted way too much for it. It was in running condition and looked pretty good from a distance but it had rust holes, had been repainted (orange instead of the original red that still showed through in a few places), and the interior was pretty well shot, but she was hoping to get the same as she was seeing people online get for full restorations.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I liked my '57 Fargo, but of the 4 shown I pretty much agree. The old "binder" is pretty goos looking - but reliability-wize none of them could hold sa candle to my current '96 Ranger.

344000km - all original except for the clutch, front brakes, and universal joints (and windshield - which was cracked when I got it) - up here in ice and salt central (ontario)
Reply to
clare

snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

"Binder" - now there's a nickname you don't hear much any more.

I agree with everyone else that the early 50's Chevy pickups with the corner windows are the best looking of the old trucks. Altho I'm not shiny chrome is accurate for 1953 (call it artistic license, maybe).

Speaking of which, it looks like the artist was told to take one model from each of the 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s. It's a pity the artist didn't use a Studebaker (or perhaps a Jeep) for the 1960s, rather than repeating a Ford.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

think it was a 59 model with the fleetside would have been one of the trucks i would have chose

they could easily have picked 8 or more good trucks for those stamps

Reply to
Electric Comet