PC has infiltrated The Wreck.

Honest to goodness.

People are trying to tear down this last bastion where we can speak what we feel. I refuse to cow-tow to the anal, draw-string-tightened-sphincter spinster mentality. If I want 'prim-and-proper', I'll exhume my aunt Bea. She held her pinky out 'just the right way' when she drank her tea. Then, in the evening, with her curtains drawn, she'd get hammered on gin and try to slurp what-ever young female that dared to enter into her sphere of 'properness'.

I don't dislike or hate anything or anybody easily.

But I thoroughly hate hypocracy.

If I offended Henry Law with my brash comradic welcome, I apologize.

If anybody else has a problem with this...well go and...have a nice day.

Reply to
Robatoy

I hope you're aware how offensive a term "kowtow" is, redolent as it is of Chinese imperialist servitude.

Or is "Cow towing" just something you Canucks do when it's too cold to get out of the pickup and tip 'em?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

How dare you tell me what kind of day to have!

If I want to have a crappy day, I will!

Reply to
B A R R Y

Listen here you bastard, you keep on doing what you do. It's refreshing to hear(see) someone speak their mind with out all the Politically Correct Bull. Am I the only one, or can others see a problem with the term 'Politically Correct". ;) regards John

Reply to
John B

Many years ago I worked for a student radio station. The first thing they taught us was to just ignore any errors you made on the air. Any attempt to explain (or in your case, justify) them will do nothing but draw attention to them.

I haven't any idea what you might have said. If you had just let it go...

Reply to
Toller

Well that certainly does explain why the broadcast news has become more of a comedy and or entertainment rather than a source for accurate factual news.

Reply to
Leon

As per usual...wtf are you talking about, Toller?

Reply to
Robatoy

WHO told you that?????

As in 'cow-tow-truck? That's some funny stuff right there, Andy.

I am visualising a rope around some heffer's neck and draggin' her off for a date.

Reply to
Robatoy

reminds me..

Moshe, after shule, asks the rabbi: "Rebbe, in your talk today, you said that life was like a bowl of cherries. Why is that, Rebbe?" The rabbi shrugged and said: "Okay, life is NOT like a bowl of cherries."

BARRY.. if you want to have a crappy day, enjoy it...or not.

Reply to
Robatoy

Like the weather forecast: May or may not be sunny, not available in all states, void where prohibited by law, consult your doctor before going outside, can have side-effects like warmth.

I mean, in regular news, there he is, standing there with blood- spatters all over him, knife in hand, mumbling something about the bitch deservd to die..and the media HAS to refer to him as an 'alleged' offender.

Everything you hear/read from Big Media is sooo filtered through legal departments, that I can't stand watching shit on ABCCBSNBCFOX-type stations any more.

Reply to
Robatoy

On Mon, 21 May 2007 20:39:28 +0800, John B wrote: ...

You're not the only one.

Let's see now. "Political Correctness" as I understand it, is a mode of behavior imposed on the individual by societal pressure for the purpose of insuring that no one is offended by what the individual says or does.

I find that offensive.

Therefore, "Political Correctness" is "Politically Incorrect".

Reply to
Tom Veatch

heh, we had a Toyota ad here once on tv, where a farmer in a 4wd tries to pull a cow out of a swamp and suddenly the rear window gets hit by a flying cow's head. Those were the famous 'bugger' ads....

Puts a whole new 'spin' on cow-tow, that does.

-P.

Reply to
Peter Huebner

And now on YouTube. It's a good one.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Reminds me of a summer I spent in eastern Oregon in 1977, mudlogging the night shift on a wildcat oil well.

Apparently, if you sneek up on a sleeping cow in the middle of the night, and hit her smack in the eyes with a bright flashlight (the light beam, NOT the handle part), she blows cowpies and piss like a geyser.

I proved it many times that summer.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

I think that if I did that to you, the result would be somewhat similar.

Reply to
Robatoy

Ever hear the expression, ".. like a cow pissing on a flat rock", to describe a heavy rain storm?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Anybody in particular in mind?

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

There are a few here. You're certainly not one of them. (You are more liberal than you know)

Reply to
Robatoy

I've used that for years. Hardly anyone has ever heard it before, but it never fails to entertain.

Reply to
LRod

Come on down to Texas, you'll hear it almost every time it rains.

Reply to
Leon