Panel Edge Glue-ups Without Jointing?

WWII is a combination blade. I don't have one and have never felt the need so can't say whether it gives a finish better than any of the blades I do have, however I would not expect any combination blade to give a finish as good as a purpose made rip or crosscut blade doing rip or crosscut respectively.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Not so fast. TruMatch router bit is the way to go for end-to-end panel glue-ups. IMHO. (Wavy bit) Once you get used to that system, nothing else will do.

Reply to
Robatoy

zzactly. I got into the TruMatch routerbits/base combo and had so much luck with it, I never looked back.

Reply to
Robatoy

How rude of me...

Robatoy

Oh crap. Go away, would you!?

Reply to
-MIKE-

So, I get how the left and right match up with the wavy edge... like T&G. Is the base combo part of it a spacer that is half the thickness of one 'wave?"

Reply to
-MIKE-

we try

Robatoy

Well, Mike.... I have glued up, end-to-end panels of justabout any veneered panels with the kind of results that made me a believer in a hurry. Hundreds of them. (YES, Robert....hundreds) The fact that is a solid surface joining technique doesn't make it less effective with anything else. It levels, extends the glue line (a half inch panel becomes a 5/8" wide glue line) and when using a proper fence, you get that perfect edge time and time gain. It works, dammit.

Reply to
Robatoy

an exact 1/8" however you get to that. Either a dedicated router base or a shim laid on one edge (not as reliable. I can hook you up with the right router base, which you can eithew drill yourself or predrilled for your router. I don't know how much of this you're going to do, so.... I think Tom calls it SeamRite

Robatoy

I'm intrigued, believe me. I see that Freud has one, too. I'm still having trouble finding a link to the "base" that I assume gets you a perfect offset in height between the left and right pieces to be joined.

Reply to
-MIKE-

that and make a test cut to check it. I've also gotten pretty adept at running long stock over the router table, so that's not an issue. Funny, but this bit, with the exact offset of the outfeed fence, would function as a jointer as well.

Reply to
-MIKE-

that and make a test cut to check it. I've also gotten pretty adept at running long stock over the router table, so that's not an issue. Funny, but this bit, with the exact offset of the outfeed fence, would function as a jointer as well.

Reply to
-MIKE-

that and make a test cut to check it. I've also gotten pretty adept at running long stock over the router table, so that's not an issue. Funny, but this bit, with the exact offset of the outfeed fence, would function as a jointer as well.

Reply to
-MIKE-

wavy bit router base is available for $ 46.00. That and the bit will give you a system that will make you slap your forehead. BUT

there are a couple of tricks which make it even better.

Reply to
Robatoy

that and make a test cut to check it. I've also gotten pretty adept at running long stock over the router table, so that's not an issue. Funny, but this bit, with the exact offset of the outfeed fence, would function as a jointer as well.

Reply to
-MIKE-

3 sections glued together my way.
Robatoy

well?...... :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

If you have it set correctly for the stock thickness then you should be able to alternate cutting from the front and back faces and have them mate perfectly without any shim required.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Well...yes.... that's the whole idea. But I'd run the router along a fence, unless the pieces were small.

Reply to
Robatoy

Hard to explain, I need to draw that up for you.... maybe not. You want the upside seam to be vertical, not on any tangent of that 1/8".

Reply to
Robatoy