Source of bath panel edge strip?

I put a bath in last week, and as it is in an alcove, had to cut down the panel to fit. This has now left a rough edge at one end of the panel. An ideal solution would be a white trim strip, around 10mm wide, in a 'U' type section, that can be clipped over the rough edge.It needs to be flexible, to bend when the poor quality panel is pushed.

Googling and searching the Screwfix book has not brought anything up - has anyone seen such a trim piece, and if so, where? Thanks Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

May have seen something like that at B@Q or Wickes amongst their collections of extruded plastics.

But if this cut edge is inside an alcove does it need this trim? Can you not just sand it clean and smooth and leave as is?

David

Reply to
Lobster

I had a similar problem and used tile trim

cerberus

I'll have a look there. No, it cant be left as is, the end of the bath is in an alcove. but the panel abuts the alcove edge, so although I thought it was a straight cut, when placed against a flat wall, it looks a little rough, even though the line only wavers by 1 or 2mm. An edging strip would make it much neater. Ta Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

Can you not cover it with a neat bead of silicone?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

================================== If you've got a car spares shop near you look there for plastic trims.

Cic.