Out of my area of expertise - Drill Bits...

Anyone know where I can find new sets of these relatively inexpensively?

'm sending a team of folks overseas with
and they have asked me to source them some tools for a hand brace drill.

No electricity where they are going so I suppose this is the best option for now...

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 x113

01.908.542.0244 Flagship Site:
/ Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Tapping:
Joe AutoDrill

Amazon has some augar brace bits. Don't know if you will like the cost or not.

Paul T.

Reply to
P.H.T.

It does not augur well if he doesn't use auger bits, suh.

(OK, Max?)

-- Silence is more musical than any song. -- Christina Rossetti

Reply to
Larry Jaques

How fast do you have to have them and _must_ be new?

Auger bits are fairly common on eBay and other venues like estate sales, auctions, etc., for nearly give-away prices if the team can spend a some time looking instead of spending dollars.

--

Reply to
dpb

I've got my eye on the Irwin set...

Already have a number of the hex taper shank braces donated so I need these tools. :(

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Contact Irwin,

what you're up to, bits/sets you need, see if you can get some sort of direct factory discount. Maybe they might even donate to the cause. Can't hurt to ask.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

At least he didn't screw it up. ;-)

Max

Reply to
Max

You can find bits for hand braces (two-jaw chuck) at most antique stores/flea mkts, for very little $$. You may need to sharpen them (a bit of filing on the cutting edge). Look for straight ones.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Hex? I thought old brace & bit style bits had a *square* taper.

Reply to
William Bagwell

Never mind. Should have read the next thread down before posting...

Reply to
William Bagwell

May be a little pricey.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Consider a few auger bit files to resharpen the bits.

carries these and auger bits too. Not cheap tho.
Valley has adapters for the 2 jaw braces

Artemus

BORING!

Reply to
Larry W

Depending on size of holes drilled and materials ever consider a bunch of battery drills and solar PV panels to charge them? Now you have power screw drivers and other power tool capabilities.

Anyone know where I can find new sets of these relatively inexpensively?

'm sending a team of folks overseas with
and they have asked me to source them some tools for a hand brace drill.

No electricity where they are going so I suppose this is the best option for now...

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 x113

01.908.542.0244 Flagship Site:
/ Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Tapping:
m II

All in the works. However, seeing as we only have official representatives on site for three weeks out of the year, there is the danger that things will disappear while we are gone. Many times I can't chance sending over a team of 10-25 people not knowing whether their tools will work.

In the plans for this upcoming July is a permanent storage faciltiy for our items on site.