Eye-Witness - Florida Traveler Advisory - Bushnell, FL

From a friend:

Well, I went for a little ride over to CR48 in Bushnell. I'm familiar with the area becaused I lived in the RV park behind that Walmart last winter.

There is an exit from Walmart onto CR48, right turn only, with permanent yellow posts in the pavement preventing the eastbound traffic from turning onto the westbound lane. At the end of the yellow posts are 2 large and very visible "NO U Turn" signs. It is a 2 lane un-divided road with a centre turn lane.

If anyone does a U-turn at the end of the yellow posts, they deserve a ticket, IMO

About 800 feet further east is another exit from Walmart, with traffic lights and no turn restrictions.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Tapping:
Site:
Joe AutoDrill

Well, Joe. Those signs, if in fact there are signs, were NOT installed when I and many others were ticketed. I wish I had a photo for comparison.

They were probably installed after a 7 month court battle and my complaints to the FDOT. As shown in the photo posted earlier, signs were NOT installed at that time.

If in fact the signs are where you claim, then they meet the requirements of the MUTCD and are legal. And visible.

And a stranger to the area exiting the Wendys is to know this how? A better question is why they are needed at all. I've never seen more than 3 cars on that road, even on a Monday afternoon.

Thanks for the update, however. Pretty much an admission that they were in violation back in March.

Reply to
BushnellBlows

I'm not your adversary BTW, I was simply posting info that was forwarded to me after I provided your info to a global motorcycle touring group I'm a part of. One of those guys is the author of my comments.

I'd also love the link to your photos please... Didn't see that and would love to send that link to my contact.

Could be... If that is the case, and you still feel wronged, go back and make your case that it was their lack of proper signage that caused the problem.

(Sarcasm on) Our job is not to question big brother but to be assimilated without any struggling. Freedom to think logically, to critically test everything to see if it is legitimate and to be able to speak about what we find disappeared decades ago. (Sarcasm off)

CLIP

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Hell's Angels? Bandidoes? :)

Reply to
CW

Wild Hogs baby! Wild Hogs!

(Vulcan Riders and Owners Club actually, 30,000+ registered globally...)

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Tapping:
Site:
Joe AutoDrill

Sons of Anarchy?

I've ridden all over FL and GA on a bike and never got a ticket. Too fast for 'em. ;-)

Greg

Reply to
BushnellBlows

I figured that.... Posting before reading that is...

No promises but we shall see!

Okay... This is snowballing.

I know a lot of female attorneys in NJ since I live here and .... well... know a lot of attorneys. Initials? Township/city they lived / worked in? Would be really funny if it was my aunt-in-law. :)

There aren't many people with political aspirations that are worth anything these days, but that's another subject.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Didn't mean to imply that you were. I do find it interesting how many people defend their methods, however. The reckless and aggressive behaviour of the cop was pretty intense, however, and one of the reasons I took issue with their trap. Well, that and the points and $.

The population of this country has truly become an authoritarian lot. And we're all being slowly dragged over the precipice with them.

Been there, done that. That is why the federal suit. Not being a FL resident anymore, it's the next step for an out of state complainant.

Understood. "The red zone is for loading and unloading only."

Greg

Reply to
BushnellBlows

Yes, this OT post has become far more verbose than intended. Yet most of the lawyers and judges in this state/county are nothing but ladder climbing sycophants and pettifoggers of the worst kind. Ethics? Bah!

Based on my exposure, the judges in NJ were far more reputable than any remaining in the south - but I may have just been lucky...

I worked in Blackwood, lived in Ewan amidst the peach farms. They tell me it is all McMansions these days. As for the female attorney, Tina and Cherry Hill. She lived in Harrison Township, AIR.

That would be a minimum of 2000 years of heated contention...

Thanks, and BTW, I do butcher wood. At least until the angina pectoris hit a while back. I haven't participated here much since that condition occurred, but I used to be a regular and still recognize many of the names, including yours.

Greg

Reply to
BushnellBlows

Ah... Bummer. Would have made for an interesting story.

Hope the health issues are not moch of an issue for you in the future... In a good way of course!

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

More than you know. Without a doubt, the most argumentative woman I have ever known. She chose her profession well. ;-) Something to do with an abusive ex-husband...

Thanks, I keep hoping for improvement, but I may end up trading a slightly used Unisaw and a 16" VS lathe for medical care. One of the millions without health insurance, wouldn't ya know...

I've always preferred single payer, and abhor insurance companies, but health care costs have increased 50 fold since I was a kid. And dental care 10 fold in 20 years. How come our pay doesn't follow that curve?

Should have ignored teachers in school who pushed me towards technology and become a slimy politician. Serve a week in Congress and get free health care for life! Sheese...

Que será será.

Greg G.

Reply to
BushnellBlows

Because insurance, and lawyers, are the problem, not the solution.

Reply to
Swingman

Bingo, KC! That and the legions of politicians who are on big pharma and HMO/insurance company payrolls.

The day they allowed ambulance chasers and their chiropractor accomplices to advertise on TV and private auto insurance was mandated by state law was the death knell to reasonable auto insurance rates and fair service. The same has occurred in Massachusetts concerning health care, and we are plummeting into an era of similar treatment nationally on health care. Fair dinkum my ass. The day they force me to buy private sector health insurance is the day I leave this place and move to New Zealand. FWIW, China has a national health care system which costs the population $7 per year - not $180+ a month.

Insurance has become nothing but a pork barrel for every avaricious pettifogger and pink-handed money-changer to dip into.

We have lawyers in this part of the country who are running ads that state, and I'm not making this up, "Have you been fired by your attorney?" Since when do lawyers hire potential plaintiffs?

Another exclaims, "Big trucks carry big insurance - and that means big money for you". Not considering the fact that most truck accidents are reputedly caused by idiot automobile drivers who do not understand physics generally nor the difficulties of driving a semi in traffic.

Shakespeare definitely had the right idea in Henry VIII.

Reply to
BushnellBlows

Almost all, to the man, lawyers ...

Don't get me started:

"It is apparent that a capitalistic society must have a strong moral component in order to survive. It follows that that which blurs the distinction between morality and legality, such as the curriculum taught in the law schools in this country, poses an increasing danger to our society. Therefore, we would do well to fully consider a concept that precludes products of this curriculum serving in the Legislative branch of our government."

I posted the above on a Fido BBS some 23 years ago ... it is becoming more obvious/pertinent with each passing year.

Reply to
Swingman

There is a very, very fine line between a protection racket and an insurence company.

Reply to
CW

hopefully the insurance company won't send out an arsonist if you don't sign up for fire insurance, although i once knew a really persistent state farm agent....

Reply to
charlie

How true. The original constitution was based on that. Morals change, but now they allow lawyers to nitpik over every detail end end up with results which were never intended. And the courts reinterpet the law as well. Changes have to occur, but they way they occur now seems to be based on things I just don't understand anymore.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

I agree. A generation of overly indulged, short-sighted inheritors of heritage fortune never developed the ability to feel compassion for others or behave in a moral fashion while conducting their affairs. It's all about winning - even if only legal in the vaguest sense. Morality isn't even a blank cell in their spreadsheets - short of the occasional feigned retail public displays.

I spent a few years at Emory Law School a couple decades ago yet bypassed their formal curriculum; thus sidestepping the usual indoctrination into the cloistered fold of "Brothers and Sisters of the Bar." While reading various syllabi written by an assortment of state judges spanning the period from about 1940 to present day I was struck by the temporal degradation in critical/analytical thinking exhibited. There is less justice and more campaign contributions and hand washing apparent in these supposed modern times. Apparently this is inevitable in all fields which are self-regulated - similar to Wall Street; to reflect upon a more timely group who professes to be above scrutiny. Seldom are lawyers or judges (or bankers/brokers) ever held accountable for egregious acts in violation of their oaths to conform to ethical boundaries. It should not be dismissed simply as human nature, but is from all appearances a particularly devious narcissistic mental illness which causes those afflicted to be drawn towards positions of control, power and wealth. Brash venality is considered a perk of certain professions - which in this case are best defined as the Judicial, Legislative, and Executive branches of government.

The hue and cry becomes deafening if you dare mention the J.A.I.L. initiative, or even suggest that some avenue for the public to address violations of Canon ethics and perfidy should exist. Oversight, you see, is only for the unwashed masses, not the aristocracy. As a nation we have become the fetid beast we initially sought to escape.

Oy Vey! I'm beginning to fully understand my attraction to beating on objects with a large clownhammer. ;-)

Reply to
BushnellBlows

As throughout the eons, just follow the gold and it will all become crystal clear. :-\

Reply to
BushnellBlows

You turn a wonderful phrase. It is nice to read a post of this caliber. (The fact that your paragraphs sum up my exact views was a bonus.)

Had to be said.

Robatoy