OT - Worth a read ... then cry.

Maxwell Lol wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@com.invalid:

Points out that greed on all* sides, rather than prudent financial calculations, was a primary cause. I.e., human failure.

*Borrowers, banks, legislators, investors, and maybe more sides.
Reply to
Han

Seems we've cut right to the crux of the problem. Why the Hell did these banks make these loans in the first place?

Again, what's your point? Seems obvious to me. The GOV subsidizes bad loans. DUH!

....and we end up in the seemingly foreseeable the pile of crap we are currently in.

Simple for me. What's your problem?

nb

Reply to
notbob

"Mark & Juanita" wrote

If it were up to me, the ONLY people who would be allowed to vote in a republic would be those who own property, and those who have served their country.

I have been of the opinion that going back to that principle, along with prohibiting products of a law school curriculum (where the distinction between morality and legality is blurred) from serving in the legislative branch of government, is most likely be the only way the republic can ever be saved.

Too bad it won't happen. Pandora's box, and all that ...

Reply to
Swingman

That's a nice start but does nothing to stop those who are motivated/ driven by the granddaddy of destructive power of all: greed.

Reply to
Robatoy

Well, you do what you can ... execute the rest.

Yep, I'm so fed up with the situation that henceforth I'm looking over Attila the Hun's right shoulder ... and make no apologies for it.

Reply to
Swingman

I usually stay out of these discussions (nobody changes anybody else's mind in politics), but I've been looking lately at an alternative: the GOOOH party. It's an acronym: Get Out Of Our House. Worth a look for those (like me) who are just disgusted with the whole friggin' system.

Phil

Reply to
phildcrow

That would eliminate Bush and Cheney. Cheney had "other priorities" during 'Nam. Bush had...Daddy.

Reply to
Perry Aynum

So, if you can't vote, you can't hold office ... Duh!

Problem solved ...

Reply to
Swingman

GW was in the Guard. But it would have disqualified Slick, and confirmed Jimmy.

Reply to
SnA Higgins

If you are talking about Carter, he got out of the Navy as soon as possible.

Reply to
David G. Nagel