OT:We saw Lightfoot last night.

It is funny ... equally funny/appropriate is the quote attributed to Hunter S. Thompson on the music biz. :)

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."

Reply to
Swingman

Correction ... real cheep! ;)

Reply to
Swingman

He's coming to Toronto...Massey Hall a nice small venue..GOT to get me some tickets. (I'm pretty sure I have mentioned this before:) The Concert For Montserrat at Royal Albert Hall had Knopfler do his Brothers In Arms. No tape-dubbin' there. Just a great big dose of awesomeness. Paul McCartney does a great version of Golden Slumbers on the same DVD. A must have.

Reply to
Robatoy

20 years ago he was still doing all kinds of substances....booze in particular. A lot of people in the Toronto music scene wouldn't have anything to do with him for the longest time.

I'd never heard that about him, but that would explain it. But in his more lucid days he produced some of the best music ever.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

He wrote some absolutely beautiful ballads. Many.

His problems had a lot to do with Cathy Evelyn Smith. Read up on that winner.

Reply to
Robatoy

Massey Hall is great, if you are short. I'm 6'5" tall, always come out with cramps in my legs.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

I am 5'10 63/64" and the main floor is cramped for me. The side balconies? Forget it. The sound is pretty good though. Way better than anything else in TO.

Reply to
Robatoy

Absolutely, the best sounding hall in town. Last show I saw was Squires, White and Howe from YES there, absolutely amazing, but ouch.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

I saw Prine there a few months back and the seats were great. Main floor. Before that, I attended the Rheostatics farewell party at Massey, and the seats sucked canal water. Left, balcony. I wandered about a fair bit, which is nice too. Those balcony seats were as bad as the Transat seats to Punta Cana.

Reply to
Robatoy

perzakly. see Hendrix, Lambert and Ross -- "Vocalese"

Reply to
Steve

As Dave's .sig line says "in every neighborhood, there's one. In my neighborhood it's me."

There's only about _one_ matter I have trouble coming up with puns about, and that's _dirt_. It takes real work to make the punishment fit the grime.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Soil in how you approach the topic.

Reply to