Here ya go, Max ...

Some rust remover for your wallet crowbar:

Swingman

That crowbar is working pretty good now. Yesterday PM I got a phone call saying I had orders for 12 "high value" insurance inspections. They pay pretty good $$. And they're in Las Cruces, NM; that means extra $$. Pshaw!!! My tool inventory is gonna look good!!!

Max

Reply to
Max

Parallel universe working overtime ... got e-mail myself from a prospective clientlast night requesting my presence in Austin on Monday to go over plans and discuss building a custom home. If that pans out, the possibility of 2010 Festool, Section 179 deductions could be on my horizon as well. :)

Good luck then, to bofus ...

Reply to
Swingman

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 09:23:24 -0500, the infamous Swingman scrawled the following:

Tool Faire yesterday having actually touched a Festeringtool. I brought home a shiny new black catalog, too. Now to do hands-on with DeWally and Makita track saws, though I'm already leaning toward the Makita. I doubt that I'll jump for either. I'm perfectly happy with the HF clone of the Fein multifunction tool and would probably be just as happy with the Makita at half the price of the Festool.

I learned some things.

The TS55 and 75 are different sizes!

A Domino oscillates much slower than I'd thought it would (but the

23kRPM bit spin fixes that) so I'd much rather use one of those than my HF bisquicker. Any Domino owners want to trade? I'll throw in a bunch of biscuits!

And those cute little $500 shop vacs are really neat & QUIET!

That heavy MFT3 table is not all that solid, as I feared. Pass.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Uhhh ... yeah!? :)

What did you expect?

No comment ... my Multi-Router does just fine, albeit at a slightly higher price.

And, like your old GF, they'll suck the chrome off a trailer hitch ... :)

Maybe because it is a "table" and not a work "bench"? How does it work in use?

I haven't heard anyone complain about that, but I can see that if it's no worse than a couple of saw horses, or a portable miter saw stand, it wouldn't have to be as solid as a shop work bench for use with the tools it is designed for.

Reply to
Swingman

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 10:58:09 -0500, the infamous Swingman scrawled the following:

I thought it was simply a track length thing, not a horsie thing.

I had forgotten that something -could- be higher priced than a Festool. Multi-Routers are happenin', dude.

Floppily, I should think. I didn't have time to futz with it and I got 6 hours of work in yesterday despite the time spent at the store.

Yeah, I guess that's true, but then why is is 37.289 times the price of a pair of sawhorses and an old piece of ply? ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

"Larry Jaques" wrote

And a bladie thing. Bigger blade.

Max

Reply to
Max

I've got the older style MFT and really like it. It is a power tool table rather than a workbench though - one of the more useful features (suprisingly) is the precisely sized and placed holes which make squaring things up for cutting/routing/joining almost trivial. I sometimes use 'wonder pups' which are a little small for the 20mm holes but allow me to make micro adjustments by turning their screws.

I don't have a workshop or dedicated space so my MFT lives (along with my tools) in a broom cupboard. I'm about to put it on castors so that I can easily roll it outside (rather than lifting it). It, a protool saw, triton drill, an old small festool router, and various clamps and handtools are my current workshop. I'm actually considering getting more systainers so that I can make stack of commonly used tools and have the stack on a porter's trolly ready to wheel outside.

PS: The table can be made heavier for hand work with the use of a couple of sandbags placed on the stretchers.

Reply to
Scatter