OT: TV In The Shop?

I just moved my small TV down to the shop so I can sort & sweep during the commercials in tonight's NFL playoff games. (Go Indy! Go Seattle!) Anyone else have a TV in the shop?

(I've always had a cassette player for listening to Earl Nightengale et. al. while making sawdust.)

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Absolutely. I just blow it out with compressed air every once in a while.

Reply to
Larry Bud

Nope; too dangerous. Just a radio for noise.

Reply to
Pop`

No way. The potential for distraction makes it too dangerous.

Reply to
Doug Miller

No, a PITA to run cable out there and plain antenna gets nothing around here. Just a radio with CD player.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Nope, Don't need it. I have a 1000w sound system instead. Most of the time I can't even hear the tools running. Just added XM last year so I could hear NASCAR racing but alas I have to switch to Sirius now.

Reply to
Allen Roy

Yes, along with a computer and high speed internet.

Reply to
dondone

Sure enough! I can watch WW videos in real time. Came in handy when I was (and am still) learning to carve ball and claw feet (although mine looked more like a turkey leg griping a pumpkin) Anyway, it's nice when the race is on......--dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

No TV, a local radio station plays all the Eagles games.

Do have a 5 CD player with an FM broadcaster attached so I can hear CDs through the WorkTunes hearing protectors. Today was Surf Guitar day, tomorrow may be Latin, or Jazz Guitar, or the Dead, or Beethoven Piano Concertos.

Who is Earl Nightengale, and what does he play?

Reply to
Juvenal

ohh hell yes, could not live with out it. And when something good happens on tv, we run into the house and catch it on the big screen. IF it was not there, i might get more done.

Reply to
Eric

"dondone" wrote in news:feYnh.18883$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe18.lga:

I've got several computers and high speed internet, a model railroad, a whole TV entertainment center complete with game systems. Oh, and a pool table.

Ok, so I don't have a shop... It's really a garage converted to a multi- purpose room.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Yep, I've got a small TV in the shop. I even built a hanging cabinet on the wall for it and my stereo with a door of plexiglass to enclose it and keep the dust out. Nothing is better than working in the shop with a baseball game on the TV.

Reply to
Mark Blum

Howcome?

Mark & Juanita

How come? I'm very happy with XM. Or did NASCAR switch? I wouldn't notice if NASCAR had switched. (turn left, turn left, turn left) I only watch most of the 16 Formula-1 races per year. *zipping up my Nomex suit*

Reply to
Robatoy

Seems like the calendar in picture #10 would be more of a distraction. ;-)

Mark & Juanita

A good author & motivational speaker who died in 1989. "Success" stuff.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

I had one, but donated it to the bike shop for watching distraction movies during winter "trainer night".

The TV started getting less and less use when I migrated from giant r/c scale aircraft building to furniture. It got in the way, and I got tired of moving it around, and I spent more time quietly in one place with the airplanes. I did enjoy having hockey, football, or a race on in the background while working.

Nowadays, it's XM or the Ipod...

Reply to
B A R R Y

NASCAR switched to Sirius at the end of the past season. I can't sit and watch 3-4 hours of racing but when it is on the radio, but I can listen to the whole race without a problem. I like XM as well but the reason I got it was for NASCAR races as we don't get any regular radio stations where we are. The only day I get to work in the shop is on Sundays so it was nice to listen to.

Reply to
Allen Roy

Can you finish a project as fast as Norm?

Reply to
B A R R Y

than the mod groovy sound of surf guitar. >8^)

Reply to
Juvenal