OT - Time For News Hoses - What Do You Like?

Mine is an issue of room/placement.

SWMBO's garden shed is tucked into the corner where the family room juts off the back of the main house. The hose reel is mounted to the right side of the shed. The AC unit is about 1' to the right of that. One of her many flower beds starts immediately to the right of the AC unit and runs along the back of the house.

Unless I rip up some of her flower bed, there is no "next to" available.

"In front of" would be in the walkway from the door out of my shop, which is located below the family room. It would also block access to the hose reel and hose bib.

Besides, my hose reel work really well and is certainly easier for SWMBO to use than coiling the hose into a tire. Trust me, I know SWMBO pretty well. ;-)

Question: Doesn't a hose basically laying on (in) the ground get wet, dirty, covered in leaves, etc.? When I'm reeling my hoses in, I turn the crank with my right hand while guiding the hose with my left, which is holding a rag. The hose gets cleaned as it is rolling up.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I was wondering the same thing ... My simple plastic wall hanger - with long loops is quick & easy ; neat & tidy - to me, at least.

I think the old Lee Valley hoses were Gilmour. Amazon shows several different Gilmour hoses - none of which look like the old ones. Your local TSC < farm store > carries farm-use hoses but they are not light-weight .. John T.

Reply to
hubops

:

No need for her to shop for me. There are 5 shipping addresses and 8 or so credit cards associated with her account. As a family, we all shop for ourselves. When we access the Cart, all orders default to her address & payment method, but all it takes is a click of the "Change" buttons to make the orders our own.

The only issue we've ever had is related to our Echo Dots. Since they are technically all "hers" we have occasionally gotten each other's reminders and notifications. The thing is, it's very rare, like only a couple of time s a year. It doesn't happen enough for us to have bothered to figure out what set of circumstances cause it to happen.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Whatever color the hose started out as, if it's left on the ground long enough it becomes the color of the ground. Electrical cords do the same.

Reply to
J. Clarke