OT: Respect.

There is a difference how we treat our men and women in the armed forces, before, during, and alas after combat compared to other countries.

The Highway Of Heroes is NOT a protest, but a manifestation of genuine respect.

mentioned standing at the foot of a monument here in Canada, and I couldn't help but notice how many flowers and wreaths were still put at the feet of those monuments every November 11.

Reply to
Robatoy

I've always viewed it as honouring our soldiers. Where did you hear about it being a protest?

Reply to
Upscale

That statement that it "NOT a protest" was to clarify the fact to some that sometimes people gather in support, not in protest.

Reply to
Robatoy

Their numbers are dwindling fast, but there are still some who refer to 11/11 as "Armistice Day".

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

hear hear...