Drywall sizes

What are the available widths of 1/2" drywall? Is there anything wider than 4 feet available?

I believe lengths up to 16 feet are available.

G.S.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

You should be able to find 54" without too much trouble.

Reply to
Mike Paulsen

That's an unusual size. It doesn't conform to any building measurement that I've heard of, e.g.. 16" on centre.

Reply to
Upscale

Probably have to go to a drywall supplier. I've never seen it at a home center by me. And for anyone else like me who was wondering....think 9' walls.

todd

Reply to
todd

The OP was asking about width, not length. 2 x 54" = 9', a common ceiling height.

Reply to
Mike Paulsen

While it may not be made now, but in the early 70's it was available in 60" widths, primarily used in commercial buildings that were built on a 5 foot module, which the one I worked in was. However history doesn't help you much now!

Reply to
EXT

(and to my surprise) the only sizes I see are 48 and 54 inches in width for standard gypsum board. I thought there were 60" boards available but apparently not so.

--

Reply to
dpb