OT - Question, Category Uncertain

OK, this is not first hand info, so can't verify its validity, bu if it is true, I'm curious. I've heard that at some eating establishments in Israel that you can order 'white beef', which is, of course, pork.

I've got nothing against this personally, pork chops are in fact one of my favorite vegetables.

Now these are Jews (of the Jewish faih) eating this, not 'foreigners'. My question is: Should this be Kosher?

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

I know several Jews and they don't keep Kosher. I would think there are secular Jews in Israel as well.

Reply to
tak

No it is not. White beef is breed of British steer.

Reply to
Robatoy

not first hand info, so can't verify its validity, bu

When they start offering "long pig", get out. Tom

Reply to
tom

not first hand info, so can't verify its validity, bu

Is that anything like Filet Du Schlonge?

Reply to
Robatoy

is not first hand info, so can't verify its validity, bu

tube steak?

Reply to
MB

Pork is not kosher. Irrespective of what you call it. Period. Whether an individual Jew observes the religious dietary laws is a personal matter.

Some accommodations are made in Israel for non-Jewish residents. There is no blanket law forbidding vehicular traffic on Saturday, for example. On the other hand, El Al, the Israeli national airline, does not fly on Saturday.

Reply to
HeyBub

not first hand info, so can't verify its validity, bu

You guys do make me giggle.

Reply to
jo4hn

is not first hand info, so can't verify its validity, bu

It's like Soylent Green... Tom

Reply to
tom

Hah!

Writing that one down as a recommended course for a couple of n*****ts I know.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

With a side of Rocky Mountain Oysters?

Kate O|||||||O

Reply to
Kate

AKA swinging steaks. Around here at least.

Reply to
Robatoy