Type of adhesive

What I am looking for is some sort of rubber cement, I think.

The type of adhesive is the stuff that is used to temperarely adhere two things together. Usually the only way to actually remove the clear adhesive is rolling it up into a ball.

I usually find it holding batteries, or small parts onto blister packages.

I cannot find this stuff because I don't know what to call it

Ed

Reply to
Ed Ahern

Somebody just asked about that a few days ago in alt.home.repair. Google search that group for a thread titled "What's that "Fake Snot" glue called?"

One of the answers given was "fugitive glue".

Reply to
Doug Miller

I've always known it to be rubber cement.

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

The stuff Ed is talking about is more viscous... It's sticky...but isn't. The outside wrapper/cover of Fine Woodworking is stuck to the magazine with that gorp. It's fun stuff... I roll boogers with it, which I then hang from my nose ..much to the giggles of my daughter and total disgust of Angela.

Reply to
Robatoy

You are one of the classiest guys of the hemisphere...

Reply to
jo4hn

*smirk*.. thank you.
Reply to
Robatoy

Hot melt glue?

Reply to
xcz

I bet it's a relative of Post-It note adhesive. Tacky, yet removable... like my ex. ( HEY, if Lenny can say things like that on L & O, so can I.)

I checked

but their aim is for things to stay together after adhesion.

r-----> who can't decide if O|||||||O is a Jeep or a Hummer.

Reply to
Robatoy

"Robatoy" wrote The stuff Ed is talking about is more viscous... It's sticky...but isn't. The outside wrapper/cover of Fine Woodworking is stuck to the magazine with that gorp. It's fun stuff... I roll boogers with it, which I then hang from my nose ..much to the giggles of my daughter and total disgust of Angela.

ROFLMFAO!

*gasp* Oh my GAWD!! That's too funny!

I SO have to do this to my three year old grandson next time I get the chance.... My daughter will have a cow.

Kate O|||||||O

Reply to
Kate

The type of adhesive is the stuff that is used to temperarely adhere two things together. Usually the only way to actually remove the clear adhesive is rolling it up into a ball.

I usually find it holding batteries, or small parts onto blister packages.

I cannot find this stuff because I don't know what to call it

Ed

Hey Ed, This is actually a specific type of adhesive. I met a guy one time that told me he worked for the company that makes this stuff, If I could just remember who the hell he is...

OH OH OH... I think I do. I'll email him and see if I can find out for you!

Kate O|||||||O

Reply to
Kate

It may be applied that way...but I am more leaning towards a silicon-ish direction... although, when I consider where I find this stuff, it is almost always in a very high-speed packaging situation..so I can't imagine there being time for a flash-off/drying during application.

It's obviously a very long molecular helix.

Reply to
Robatoy

"Robatoy" wrote

*snip*

I bet it's a relative of Post-It note adhesive. Tacky, yet removable... like my ex. ( HEY, if Lenny can say things like that on L & O, so can I.)

I checked

but their aim is for things to stay together after adhesion.

r-----> who can't decide if O|||||||O is a Jeep or a Hummer.

I emailed him, he travels allot for this adhesive company. As soon as I hear from him I'll let you know.

EHM... 7 Slots... Let's just say I'm a member of the H2 recovery team.

Kate

2O|||||||O6 Rubicon (Do-zzat help?) ;¬D
Reply to
Kate