OT: Over 3 Million bags lost by US airlines in 2005

Anyone here lost luggage while flying within the US? I had no idea that the problem is as bad as reported today in the news. 10,000 bags per day are lost or damaged. Some are eventually found, but I don't have those stats. Airways is the worsts offender, and Delta is number two. American at 3, and Southwest in the number 4 spot.

David

On 17 Feb 2006, TAFKABAD spake unto rec.woodworking:

post any goddamn tidbit of useless information that you happen to come across?

Reply to
Scott Cramer

(Lurk Mode Off)

Scott:

This is Armageddon.

Bay Area Dave has been sitting on his true self and waiting for a comeback.

Miller thinks that it is not Him.

Miller is a fool.

BAD has been awaiting the coming of his unnamed minions - and they have lately shown themselves.

And they have been growing in both strength and numbers.

"Who are you, BAD?"

"We have many names, for we are Legion."

"Balderstone" and "Barta'. "Daneliuck" and "Fredfighter".

"Enoch" and "Eli", for even in the names of the Prophets they will come and disembody the Elders.

These are the end times, and those who "Are Not Wreck", will establish their dominion over the once peaceful land.

We must be strong.

We must not waver in the face of what must be done.

We must set our filters on "Kill", and not rue the consequence.

Gird up your loins.

There are stern times ahead.

(watson - who has been watching the signs)

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

[snips galore]

Jeez, you put a chill down my spine.

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

The unfortunate thing about you, Enoch, is that you seem to be an intelligent sort of fellow - but I don't have a clue as to your bona fides re wooddorking.

Aside from that, you engage the Political Scientologists of the group as though they were worthy of engagement.

As though they were worthy of engagement in this particular forum.

My particular supposition is that those who have gotten their asses kicked on more appropriate groups, such as alt.politics, have migrated towards the kinder confines of the Wreck, where their opinions can be bruited about without the kind of slams that they are used to.

This is no longer the case.

Embrace WoodDorking or go on your way.

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

It _was_ prefaced as "off topic". No worse than Cheney's little fiasco. Tom

Reply to
tom

I don't know what they'd look like--wait. I do want to put up a page to show some pics of what I've been doing. I have enough pics, but haven't taken the time to put together something worthwhile thus far: too many interests. I haven't done that, 'tis true. Other than that, I don't know what my creds should look like other than reading the posts, bookmarking links I like, scribbling on my pad, and trying to cut a good mortise with a chisel.

That guy's spiel really irked me. I could see the underlying nihilcon "axioms", and rose to the bait.

I have a deathly fear that more will begin to think that way... I want to provide a counterpoint.

I just have an interest in wooddorking, as you say, and see the same things here that you do. I think I even saw you respond to them. Not to say "get a room" (somewhere else) but to offer up your own opinions. If I end up doing the same then I've been trolled, just like you.

In fact, often my offtopic posts (except the ID ones) were, via followups-to:, intended to push the discussion off somewhere else. I pissed those people off too: they didn't want to talk somewhere else.[1]

Tell us what's up.

Okay--can you help me pry this wallet open so's I can get a bandsaw?

1] um, not counting the offtopic ebay posts, of course. ;-)

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

Make that "almost all" are eventually found. I used to travel quite a bit on all of the airlines and they do loose bags regularly (they get on the wrong plane, get on the wrong connection, can't get to the plane in time) but they always arrived at the correct destination in my experience and were then delivered to me. I didn't have one instance of a lost and never found bag although I know it does happen sometimes. It is bound to with hundreds (thousands?) of daily flights. Your best bet is to follow their advice and make sure your home name and phone number is on the bag.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

I'd rather not have check in luggage, Frank, but I can't seem to ever pack lightly enough to put everything I need in the overhead compartment. Too much STUFF.

Dave

Reply to
David

More like Watson - who has found the Jack Daniels

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

Sure have. One of 4 bags was "lost" last summer on my families trip. SWMBO was mighty upset about that and proceeded to call Delta to give 'em hell for that. She even went so far as to go to a mall for some new clothes ASAP. When we returned from that trip, the bag was waiting for us at the front desk.

It turns out that bag didn't make our flight, but instead went to another of Delta's hubs and then to our destination where it caught up with us. Delta knew where to deliver it because I filed a lost bag claim at the airport which includes the "where I'm staying" info.

Reply to
George Max