OT: Okra question. Swingman?

-------------------------------------- Similar trick works for string beans, especially late in the season when the beans start to get tough.

Keep the salt, add pepper flakes.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

and try a little parmigiano-reggiano grated over the veggies. Scrape it and veggies off the baking sheet when melted and before it goes black.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

I just had a weird idea--Okra fried rice. I'm out of okra at the moment--next time I go shopping I might get some and give that a try.

Reply to
J. Clarke

My wife likes it cooked on the grill. Brush on some mainade or olive oil, a little salt and pepper and she is in heaven. I don't like it any way it is cooked. I think the only reason they invented gumbo was to hide the taste of okra.

George aka Bumhead

Reply to
bumhead

------------------------------- A great marinade for veggies on the grill is Wishbone Italian salad dressing.

Don't bother wasting time trying other brands, they just don't compete.

Have a S/S saute pan full of 1/2" dia holes that does a great job on the grill.

No veggies fall thru to the grate, available at one of those cooking speciality shops.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett