OT: Nice cover

Cover songs can be really cool, especially if they add a whole new dimension to the original..for instance, I like the Ramones cover of Louis Armstrong's Wonderful World. A lot.

and then there is this cover of Madonna's La Isla Bonita.... Not a Madonna fan, even a little bit, but I always liked this song, and now...finally... all the way from Finland....... . .

Dayum!!!

Reply to
Robatoy

That's pretty cool. I'm sure they wish they sounded that good live. :-)

There have always been a lot of great metal musicians in whatever they call that part of Northern Europe that has Sweden, Denmark, and Norway & Netherlands.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Gotthard

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

TNT, Yngwie, Terje Rypdal

Reply to
-MIKE-

'cept those guys are Swiss.

Reply to
Robatoy

Yngwie is a cover for Paganini. (aka Niccie The Pag, 27 October 1782 =96

27 May 1840) still pretty good though.
Reply to
Robatoy

wow. I'll have to trust you on that. :-) My guitarist buddy loves all these guys and that's the only reason I know what I stated. He's a huge Terje fan and says he's a much more musical player than the more famous Yngwie.

Reply to
-MIKE-

You know merikans are geographically challenged. :)

Reply to
basilisk

Helsinki to Bern is 1500 miles.... close enough..:-)

Reply to
Robatoy

Yeah, good band. Technically excellent. I only heard one note of one riff sour during the fastest fingering. Not bad at all. I'd suggest that they get another videographer, though.

I'm not a Madonna fan, either, but that lady has one helluva voice. Ditto Jewel. I saw an hour music show by her and she played almost every style of music known to man, all well, from classical to rock to western to (sigh) religious. I had no idea she was so talented and diverse. Yeah, everything but freakin' karyokra.

-- Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Reply to
Larry Jaques

But the first was the best. Long Live Black Sabbath!

-- Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Denmark, Norway and Sweden is called Scandinavia. The Netherlands is not a part of it.

Reply to
willshak

Everythinggggg???? . . . . . Ah, ah, ah, ah............Sta............

Reply to
Robatoy

Oh, they're in on it alright. That whole high standard of living, tall people with no fatties, long life, medical care for all conspiracy.

RicodJour

That's the term I was looking for!

Reply to
-MIKE-