Slightly OT: How To Drive A Frontloader

GROVER

... > That manuver demonstrates real originality. ...

Pretty much routine for a practiced operator...have seen a number of variations and quite a few been linked to on u-tube, etc., over the years...

I'd guess there are clips in the hundreds if not thousands by now if one were to really look. But, still just unusual enough to be entertaining.

Be a heck of a time to burst a hydraulic hose or have a cylinder seal go, wouldn't it???? :)

Reply to
dpb

equipped with out riggers for stability would climb up on rail cars to empty their load of dirt and gravel.

Reply to
Leon

Reply to
Steve Barker

Like this?

is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Reply to
Larry Jaques

with a front scoop in a dump truck. took a little longer but he got it in smoothly.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

I saw a video once of a backhoe getting itself from a dock onto a barge, somewhere in the Caribbean. Al pretty rickety equipment. It was a blast to watch...and I'll be damned if I can find that again????

Reply to
Robatoy

Saw that one. Almost sunk the barge but they got it on.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

When causing a house to be demolished in preparation for building anew, I always make sure I'm there for the front-end loader taking itself off the transport/trailer. Seen a lot of original maneuvers, and it's always entertaining. :)

Reply to
Swingman

Southern railway runs by my place of work and they stage a lot of the railroad work from there. They will take a regular JD backhoe and self drag it up into a gondola car full of railroad ties. My ass draws up everytime I see it.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

Dang, I didn't see your post before I made mine, fascinating to watch.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

Just like that.