OT: latters for sale

Best to call in the latter part of the day.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Complete the set with one of these:

Greg Guarino

On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 03:14:04 -0400, Bill

Too bad. I was looking to buy several ladders from somewhere in Indianapolis, but that's not what they're selling.

Reply to
none

Try a church, like the one of the Ladder Day Saints.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I am assuming it is an English as a second language issue. I suppose I would do just as bad if I was trying to write in any other language myself.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

My first thought, only reinforced by the fact that he would like to be "shot a text", is that the latters might be stolen. Why would a youngster sell a latter? "You can have my latters when you pry them from my cold dead fingers..." ; )

Reply to
Bill

Maybe ladder.

Reply to
Bill

It took me about 10 minutes to get the joke! I didn't get it until looking several times at your link.

Reply to
Bill

Possibly. But if you were in that situation wouldn't you at least ask a friend or neighbor to proof read it for you? Or why not try an on line translation from your native tongue to the language you are trying to reach.

My guess is that he/she paid little attention in school and when they graduated, if they did, they couldn't read much beyond the fourth or fifth grade level, if that well. Let's not forget the "star witness" in the George Zimmerman trial who couldn't read but she sure was well versed in racial epithets.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Last time I was in Indianapolis, it was in the US where they are suppose to speak English.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

I'm my area, we pronounce 'latter' and 'ladder' the same (as ladders). Only what procedes or follows the word defines which one it is.

Reply to
willshak

We have been away from Indianapolis for a couple of years now, but when we left there were highschools in the city that were graduating only about half of those who started as freshman.

Keith Nuttle

I bet they are "supposed" to know how to spell, too. :-p

Reply to
-MIKE-

On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 15:05:36 -0500, Gordon Shumway

It might have just as easily been a typo. We all make those. How many of us go and get someone to proof read our newsgroup postings or run a (marginally imperfect) translation program before we hit the enter button? Granted, if it was a typo, it was an unusual one, but nevertheless, it's still entirely possible ~ except maybe for you.

Reply to
none

On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 15:17:41 -0400, Bill

Guess I'm slower than you then. I gave up on it after five minutes. If there was a joke there, I wasn't prepared to put anymore time into it.

Reply to
none

Well, sweat heart, we are posting in our native language so there is no point in getting it proof read or translated, is there?

If "latters" was a typo then I suppose "didnt," "alot," "im," "somebody need one," "there," "takeing" and "difft" is too?

Did you two flunk out of the same school together?

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Yup.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 15:05:36 -0500, Gordon Shumway

You're pretty damned quick to assume something aren't you? For all you know, the person might be 70 years old and had to skip school to run the farm. ~ could possibly be from a time when attending school was not a priority. That wouldn't occur to your ignorant mind set would it? Maybe they've struggled all their life with some form of dyslexia or an advanced learning disability?

There's a few people here who frequently make spelling errors. I wouldn't dream of criticizing them for it because I know they're smarter than me and have considerable more experience than me.

Fact is, you like to flaunt your superiority most every chance you get. That makes you ignorant in its worst form. I may not be as smart as you or have the education you have, but I sure as hell won't put up with your ignorance bullshit.

Reply to
none

On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 21:44:06 -0500, Gordon Shumway

That's the problem. You don't see your comments for that they are.

*That's* a large part of your assumed superiority *and* ignorance.

And then you inevitably toss in some comment intended as an insult at the end just to confirm what I've said.

You should know that I've experienced your crap in another newsgroup. Same attitude with you thinking that you can say no wrong. I'm not a sensitive person, but if something pisses me off, I don't hesitate to reply. Almost like you replying, but for a different reason. And, a different mind set when I reply.

Reply to
none