OT: Kentucky Loser

--------------------------------

------------------------------

Spoken like a truly pathetic bigot.

Unemployment payments come from unemployment insurance funds and are not a handout.

Perhaps you would care to share with us where the jobs you state are available per your quote below.

"There are plenty of jobs available for those willing to work".

Not only the unemployed would like to know, but a lot of government officials lives would easier if the unemployment problem were solved.

------------------------------------- "why should I work when

----------------------------------------- You best your sweet ass the unemployed want to goof off and get more while they loose the health insurance, can't pay the mortgage and hope like hell no one gets sick and has to see a doctor they can't afford to pay or buy the drugs needed for a love one at inflated prices because they no longer have health insurance.

Yes Gordon, you are a pathetic little bigot.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

=A0It's the liberals that want

Excuse me, but ... all due respect ... you're muscling into my turf ;-)

Ah, well. You were clearly here first, and probably have a *lengthy* history with this particular one ;-)

Reply to
Neil Brooks

If that is the case, then why is the federal government allocating funds to make unemployment payments? Shouldn't those funds be there from the unemployment insurance?

... snip

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 13:58:29 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett" scrawled the following:

Lew, are you talking about the Puffington Host screwing up on the title of the article? You're right, it's nothing new. Bunning would have happily voted for the bill had it used stimulus money instead of adding more to the deficit. Are you opposed to his concept or to the extension of unemployment funding? WTF,O?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

They were when the rate was

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

e:

Semi-literate, too.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Hey, now... Gordon's just making a simple mistake - he's thinking WELFARE, not unemployment. It's the same argument, really :) I wonder what he'd like the government to spend the unemployment insurance money on?

shelly

Reply to
smandel

so it's an accounting problem?

shelly

Reply to
smandel

maybe so. Does that mean the insurance shouldn't be paid out to a person who just lost their job (because the $$ is gone?)

shelly

Reply to
smandel

No, I made no mistake. The well is dry and the only way to replenish it at the rate and duration it is being paid out is with tax dollars. In my opinion there should be no unemployment compensation at all. You and the employer shouldn't be required to pay. You keep what you earn. Unfortunately the politicians would have no way to get their piece of it so that will never happen.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

I don't know where you are at but in Al, everyone pays a set percentage into an employment insurance fund until it is fully funded, when the fund drops to a certain level the the fee kicks in and you pay it until the fund is full and any money borrowed to keep it afloat in bad periods of unemployment is paid back, sure it is a complusory fee but It hasn't showed up on payroll anytime since the mid eighties and is not being collected even now.

basilsik

Reply to
basilisk

------------------------------------- Bunning is simply playing the "No" bit to the hilt.

Bunning was a pretty decent pitcher, but can't say the same about his politics.

Lew

so it's an accounting problem?

shelly

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

In Illinois the employee pays a fixed percentage into the unemployment fund and the employer also pays a fixed percentage. This fee is paid in all economic conditions in every pay period. It would not be possible for someone to ever get out what they have paid in.

Apparently living in a Republican state has even more advantages that we don't have in a Democratic state.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

If that is the case (it's not), why was more debt needed to pay the "benefits"?

Reply to
keithw86

---------------------------------------- The question has already been answered.

Try getting up to speed before pounding keyboard.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Gettin' a little cranky aren't we.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

I didn't see you answer, only the dumbass statement.

Google wasn't showing me the rest of the thread. It gets confused.

Reply to
keithw86

_Getting_ cranky? Hell, "Cranky" is Lew's middle name. :-)

Reply to
Steve Turner

Uh, hardly.

The current administration added more to the national debt in its first MONTH than the previous administration did in eight years. It's been a year and the situation is even worse.

Reply to
HeyBub

Unemployment "insurance" is mandatory on businesses. In that regard, it differs little from a "tax."

When the fund is depleted, the only way to replenish it is by raising the "tax."

Reply to
HeyBub