OT: Just a lill' dustin', eh?

We caught just a whiff of that Mofo that slipped underneath us. I get it...it must be close to Christmas. )..starting to look a lot like...... Ho ho ho ho..........ho-frickin'-ho.....

But, as I am just coming off a hernia repair 6 days ago, it is the kids who will clean the cars and driveways....that is if the little brats want to eat!!

Robatoy

Yup, just got a little streamer off the big one. Just a dusting. I can see on the satellite that Tanus is escaping the brunt of it too. Buffalo, as per usual (Friends in Watertown always get 10 feet..lol). TO looks like you due some more. My MIL called from Digby NS and told me there was "a bit of a storm" brewing. I didn't have the heart to tell her that we may not hear from her for a few days..

Happy digging, bro'!

Robatoy

lights lining the fronds of palm trees. Shirtsleeves. So, where is the snowman, and why aren't the yard apes out there with shovels in their hands?

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

I think I'd prefer the snow. Here in Central New York we're getting a bit right now. I'm happy to see it.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Reply to
Bill Stock

We are??? I've shoveled three times and it looks like I haven't even been out in it. Took SWMBO's car out at 10 AM and there must be 8" of shit on it again.

OTOH, I'm not complaining much. No ice pellets, lots of wood on the stoves, and enough food to feed a small army here. We're ok. Yeah, keep sayin that buddy. Maybe you'll believe it soon.

But I'm glad to hear that Sarnia's missing most of it. My Mom is 85 and doesn't react well to snow. Or winter. Come to think of it, neither do I.....

Reply to
Tanus

I drove through central and eastern NY a month or so ago. NY and CN, RI, MA, VT, NH, ME and everything in between there and GA. Last ditch trip of the season. Still cold as heck at night.

But seeing that most of the snowbirds are from New York, Illinois, and Ohio anyway, so you should be used to them. They aren't near the problem that their relatives/kids are. ;-) I can handle about one week of cold, and one snowfall - enough to throw a few snowballs and build a snowman. Anything beyond is too much. The interesting thing about Atlanta is that on the infrequent occasions that it snows these days, you can wait a few hours for the locals to either slide off the roads or lock themselves indoors, and the whole wide world is yours. The few people who venture out past that are either cops, crooks, or those experienced in the physics of cold weather driving.

As for me, the cold/snow means using up too much kero$ene to work in the shop. I'm off right now to pick up more insulation. Two days ago, it was 76, now it's 32. And it feels like snow...

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

storms which left about 8" on the ground. It's about half melted now with another wimpy storm predicted for Wednesday. We need snow. About two feet or so to finally extinguish/smother the underground smoldering tree roots. Sunny and warm today; may hit 40 dF. Shorts and Ts weather (yeah, I know. My Florida BIL isn't buying any of this shit either.).

Great Zot, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

40's and shorts? Are you out of your mind? Here, that's parkas and fireplace weather.
Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Sun, Dec 16, 2007, 11:10am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Robatoy) doth exclaimeth: We caught just a whiff of that Mofo that slipped underneath us. I get it...it must be close to Christmas.

Ah quitcherbitchin. My mother got that much on Thanksgiving Day.

JOAT I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do them.

- Picasso

Reply to
J T

"Robatoy" wrote

Thanks for that picturesque picture post card ... we appreciate the thought, if not the reality, down here in Tejas.

Reply to
Swingman

We've have a bit of snow in Western New York as well... about 12" since this morning. I even thought about getting out the snow blower but decided it wasn't enough to bother with the machine.

Reply to
Nova

It was the first thing that caught my eye this morning. It didn't exactly fill my heart with glee. Good thing I had the presence of mind to fill the coffee grinder the night before...and my ol' BUNN is always on stand-by. It didn't take long for the shakes to go away. If I only had a wee dram of Bushmills to go with it, it would have steadied this ol' fellow's soul a bit more.

*mumbles something about a shop-door being open this time of year..mumble..*
Reply to
Robatoy

This particular surgeon has worked at Shouldice, but is now here locally.He even spoke English! His work is well respected by many. AND he had a sense of humour. When I asked him if it was what he had expected, his reply mentioned that somewhere in the hospital there is a screen-door missing.

Reply to
Robatoy

I believe it. I have experienced shirt-sleeve weather in the snow before. Man, those fires must be nerve-wracking, eh?

ho, ho, hose. r

Reply to
Robatoy

Dude.. you're near OTTAWA. OTTAWA is indian word for ASSLOADS OF SNOW. I have a buddy in Gatineau, he's practically begged us to come skating on the canal. I figgurred...wtf? On thin strips of metal? In the cold?

Something's wrong with him.

Seriously, the bulk of that storm was way south of us.

Robatoy

Robatoy wrote in news:91cf2f81-309c-45dc-ac7b- snipped-for-privacy@l32g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

It was north of here (Jersey at about the level of NY City), though we did get 2-3 inches - of SOAKING WET snow, which is now frozen. Streets are plowed nicely though. Hope the trains run well tomorrow.

Reply to
Han

Waiting until at least the 3rd foot?

All of my father's cousins lived in Buffalo. The family pictures from up there always amazed me!

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

Actually, 40 and shorts extends all the way down to NYC once the cold initially hits.

In February, the Great Lakes folks will be talking about 10 and shorts!

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

I'm actually north of both Ottawa and Gatineau. We get a tad more here than in the city but if we missed the bulk of it, I have great pity (and not just a bit of glee) for the suckers who got whomped. I've spent most of the day shoveling and very little time in the shop today.

I skated on the canal in 1979. Froze my nads off. I'm still lookin for them. Probably with my skates which I haven't seen since either. I like winter for..no, not that...no, not that either. Um. I know I like it for something. Gimme a minute here. Oh, I remember. I like winter cause it's the season before bass fishing starts.

Reply to
Tanus