OT: It had to happen.

Next on the agenda will be "primary" and "secondary" since the connotation is that one is superior, in some manner, to the other. We certainly can't have that thought running around in the common folk's head.

Legal Disclaimer: The necessity that one hard drive must, in some manner, be subordinate to another hard drive is not intended to address the circumstances of, or offend, any particular individual or entity and does not necessarily reflect the social mores of the manufacturer, its employees, heirs, and assigns. The manufacturer shall not be responsible for any angst, offense, or loss of self esteem due to the necessity of enabling multiple hard drive relationships. No one should enable a dependent feature without appropriate advice from an emotional care professional.

Reply to
Swingman

This is a link to an old New Yorker magazine cartoon:

Scott Cramer

Perfect. The ability of some cartoonist's to capture the ridiculous and pathetic in human nature with a simple drawing and a few words is uncanny.

Reply to
Swingman

Swingman responds:

Ugh. I had just finished chewing a pecan sandy. Wish it had been coffee. Makes a nasty mess on the monitor.

Charlie Self

"If a politician found he had cannibals among his constituents, he would promise them missionaries for dinner." H. L. Mencken

Reply to
Charlie Self

The good cartoonists are really good. Makes me recall a talk with my first MIL, some 35 years ago. She felt I was judgmental. I asked her why I had spent 30 years learning to MAKE judgements, if I were going to be non-judgmental. I'm still judgmental.

Oddly enough, she was a brilliant woman in most areas of life.

Charlie Self

"If a politician found he had cannibals among his constituents, he would promise them missionaries for dinner." H. L. Mencken

Reply to
Charlie Self

HEY!! It was just ONE Californian who filed that suit. Given the population, the ratio ain't that bad.

-JBB

Reply to
J.B. Bobbitt

From what I read, it was a Los Angeles County Gov't thing. They want everything to be "PC", so master and slave designations are not to be used in documentation, bid proposals, etc.

Reply to
Mike Iglesias

Swingman,

Yeah, that's all fine and dandy, BUT what if the drives are consenting? Also, shouldn't they be able to marry?

Reply to
Larry

In this case, Bob, I think we're talkin' about slavery.

Wishing you and yours a happy Thanksgiving season...

Trent

Reply to
Trent©

ROTFLMAO !!!

Wishing you and yours a happy Thanksgiving season...

Trent

Reply to
Trent©

We might hafta change a whole lot of er, sorry...dependent....words, like...

dominantbator

dominant of ceremonies

post dominant

Wishing you and yours a happy Thanksgiving season...

Trent

Reply to
Trent©

Ahhh yes, the "Dominant Cabinetmaker" ... literally on top of his profession.

..oops, sorry!

Reply to
Swingman

We certainly can't go asking for pipe nipples anymore either. Woodpecker

Reply to
Woodpecker

I'll bite. What the heck is ROTFLMAO !!

George in Maine snipped-for-privacy@ctel.net

Reply to
George J. Dekelbaum

Reply to
hedgehog

I think so, yes. Probably right after we have our first official Emperor, and the Congress is disbanded.

Reply to
Silvan

Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off

Reply to
Lazarus Long

Reply to
Lazarus Long

I certainly wouldn't want to hurt my machines feelings by referring to it or it's parts as slaves.

Reply to
Mark

I'm sure that given the fact that San Francisco is in CA, daisy- chained is not only acceptable, but a celebration of the diversity of lifestyles practiced in this diverse community.

.. ah well, as they say, stupid is as stupid does.

Saw further information that LA was inundated with e-mails from across the world excoriating the LA purchaser for the stupidity in his pronouncement. Apparently he backpedaled a bit, indicating this was only a "suggestion" for LA suppliers since other, more acceptable phrases were equally correct. Which of course, shows the guy has no clue, master/slave indicates an entirely different arrangement than primary/secondary -- but then precision of language is not the goal of the PC (and I don't mean personal computer) crowd.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita