OT Humor: What is Celibacy?

Celibacy can be a choice in life, or a condition imposed by circumstances.

While attending a Marriage Weekend, Walter and his wife, Ann, listened to the instructor declare, 'It is essential that husbands and wives know the things that are important to each other."

He then addressed the men, 'Can you name and describe your wife's favorite flower?' Walter leaned over, touched Ann's arm gently, and whispered, 'Gold Medal-All-Purpose, isn't it?'

And thus began Walter's life of celibacy.

Reply to
jo4hn

It's important also to understand their interests and limitations. For example, I'm not psychic, as much she herself is clairvoyant. And it's slowly dawning on me that she really can't, not won't, maintain a 4 mph pace uphill with a 60 lb pack on her back. BTW, some folks play chess or cards for companionship rather than bloodsport.

Reply to
MikeWhy

Maybe next time you go hiking, _you_ should carry that 60 pound back- pack.

Reply to
Robatoy

now wouldn't that kinda defeat the porpose of haveing her along? :-}

Reply to
skeez

I don't know where you pack, or how long you stay out, but when my wife and I go out for a weekend trip we typically carry no more than about twenty pounds each. I'd call a 60-pound load a two-week trip load.

Tom Dacon

Reply to
Tom Dacon

Maybe next time you go hiking, _you_ should carry that 60 pound back- pack.

======== You should've heard her holler when she won our race up the slip face of Mt Baldy. That was more'n 20 years ago; we're not such a bad match. As for the real or mythical "Ann" in the story, she chose her life partner poorly. "Walter" also, for marrying an incompatible sense of humor.

Reply to
MikeWhy

This has to be your very best one in many moons...

excellent...kudos...bravo....I love it.

jo4hn wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber

For my wife, until very recently, 60 lbs was just a weekend jaunt, even if we were staying in a hotel!. A 2 week trip to the east coast with 4 adults in a PT cruiser fixed THAT!!!!!!

Reply to
clare

Lots of water.

Dave in Houston

Reply to
NuWave Dave

:As for the real or mythical "Ann" in the story, she chose her life partner poorly. : "Walter" also, for marrying an incompatible sense of humor.

I think Walter was being serious.

Dave in Houston

Reply to
NuWave Dave

: > Celibacy can be a choice in life, or a condition imposed by circumstances. : >

: > While attending a Marriage Weekend, Walter and his wife, Ann, listened to : > the instructor declare, 'It is essential that husbands and wives know the : > things that are important to each other." : >

: > He then addressed the men, 'Can you name and describe your wife's favorite : > flower?' : > Walter leaned over, touched Ann's arm gently, and whispered, 'Gold : > Medal-All-Purpose, isn't it?' : >

: > And thus began Walter's life of celibacy. : : It's important also to understand their interests and limitations. For : example, I'm not psychic, as much she herself is clairvoyant. And it's : slowly dawning on me that she really can't, not won't, maintain a 4 mph pace : uphill with a 60 lb pack on her back. BTW, some folks play chess or cards : for companionship rather than bloodsport.

How many of us can maintain a 4 mph pace on level pavement with our running shoes on? That's a pretty stiff pace.

Dave in Houston

Reply to
NuWave Dave

And a baggie of Pringles. Emergency food and one the best fire- starters ever.

Reply to
Robatoy

It is generally not hereditary.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

:-)

Reply to
jo4hn

And a baggie of Pringles. Emergency food and one the best fire- starters ever.

they're better than Fritos? Those things never seem to burn out.

jc

Reply to
Joe