OT: How to Save Social Security

Correction...Any "wing" fascism.

Reply to
Bill M

Maybe so, but if you invest and lose it all, and wind up flat broke, retired in poor health and can't work, will you expect the government to help you out?

Reply to
Cmd Buzz Corey

Let's kill all the extremists! :)

/Centrists, unite!

paul

Reply to
Paul Dietenberger

What the heck are you talking about? It's not an either/or thing, m dear. To

-- tomeshew

Reply to
tomeshew

i do.

if thats your only objection, im sure we can come to some agreement...

randy

Reply to
xrongor

nobody ever said what you are claiming they say... the dems arent saying its fine, and what clinton did or didnt do is irrelevant. they are saying the bush solution will not work. they are right.

why do you conservatives have to make stuff up to support your views? if liberals are mentally disabled, then what is the excuse of the 'sane' conservatives for lying? i mean, you claim to be sane, so your deception must be purposeful.

randy

Reply to
xrongor

Enjoyed it. Thanks, Cowboy. Seems like there's some folks practicing the "reverse Robin Hood principle." and a few too many who have been hoodwinked to believe that this is the pinnacle of ethics. Dunno about Ted Turner -- I haven't heard about this. I'm glad that you've met at least a few millionaires who are decent -- it's nice to know that it's not all black out there. "Moneychangers" = lobbyists? This is our "elephant-in-the-livingroom." I don't understand how people can encourage and facilitate greed and also claim to follow Jesus. Would anyone care to explain this paradox?

Reply to
Richard Steinfeld

No way.....I've never taken a government handout for anything, ever. The closest I've ever come to that has been a student loan (which I paid off in full long ago). If I wind up destitute, it's probably going to be because I did something really stupid with money, and I generally don't do anything like that.

If government handouts are to be given out to anyone, it should be to folks who are in dire straits through no fault of their own (severely handicapped folks or their families, for instance). I'm a liberal, but the ridiculousness of relying on the government to do anything should be obvious to anyone with a pulse.

I would say the point is moot anyway. By the time I reach retirement age, I think the government is probably going to be more insolvent than I could ever dream of being- and I'm an optimist!

-Scott

Reply to
Scott W. Harvey

Lithium is cheap and maybe helpful, but mostly the doctor always wants you do drop it and do something else about as useless.

Reply to
Steven Dinius

I'm gonna take the chassis out shortly. Pix on ABPR as soon as I can get them okay.

Reply to
Steven Dinius

hey those rich white guys killed the previous occupants, or otherwise tricked them, and took the land in america fair and square. they shouldnt have to give any of it to anyone...

randy

Reply to
xrongor

G-zus Randy be quiet and go to bed

Reply to
Steven Dinius

True, but the ones areound here are on the right-hand side.

Reply to
GregP

We have a free market ?? That's about as true as "Creationism."

Reply to
GregP

I've heard this bull many times and it is just that. If a business could raise prices to cover those taxes, why wouldn't they just raise prices to increase profit whenever they felt like it? They don't because then their products wouldn't sell. Businesses ARE paying their taxes. Let's turn this around. You actually don't pay taxes. Your employer does. That is where the money came from, right? Make sense to you?

Reply to
CW

I'm a left-wing fascist with not much of a fascia

Reply to
Steven Dinius

Conservatism is a moral disorder.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

It is indeed the Democrats. I believe it started around the Vietnam war, when SS proceeds were added to the general revenue to hide the deficits.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

I believe it dates from a time when material wealth was seen as God's blessing, and therefore proof of salvation.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Let me clarify that point. Incorporated businesses have a special privilege, not granted to individuals, of limited liability. This makes it possible to accumulate large amounts of capital that would not be possible if the people investing in the company were fiscally obliged beyond their initial investments. Businesses therefore have an obligation to use that capital for the benefit of society as a whole, not only for the benefit of their investors.

Agreed.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck