OT: How to Save Social Security

Oh my Rush, you are so right ! Let's put a nice, clean, motherland program in its place: we'll round up all of those poor, lazy, good- for-nothing untemensche and stick `em in camps somewhere, out of sight, out of mind (and hey, if their keepers come up with some sort of clever fake shower gimmick, why, that would make it nice & cheap for the Rest of Us, wouldn 't it ? Just make sure to destroy the pictures...)

Reply to
GregP

Millard Fillmore, Rutherford B. Hayes, Herbert Hoover, and Warren G. Harding- step back, and let the man go through.......

Reply to
hagstar

You mean privatization as in Enron, Worldcom, Arthur Andersen? How about Silverado Savings and Loan (remember this one, managed by no other than -- Neil Bush) and the other private managers who brought us the Savings and Loan Scandal (for which we're still paying)? Maybe there's a reason why the neocons have worked so diligently and so long to try to turn the word "liberal" into blasphemy in the public mind (have you bought into the deception?).

Why not trust our money to the former head of the New York Stock Exchange, Richard Grasso? Or Carly Fiorina?

Why exactly should we believe that for-profit funds managers will be more honest than the government?

Reply to
Richard Steinfeld
5) Don't start wars on false pretenses. 6) Don't hire private contract firms (especially ones that have the appearance of conflict-of-interest) to perform former military work.
  1. Don't run a war and occupation on the credit card method (see #2 above).
  2. Don't spend millions of taxpayer money on public relations firms to hoodwink the American people under the pretense that the material came from independent news reporters and columnists -- this is called "propaganda." It's most distasteful to use it against your own people; the practice betrays democracy.
Reply to
Richard Steinfeld

Say, this mixing up of two groups may not be so bad after all. We have common interests because we are both involved in furniture restoration and refinishing.

Stewart

Reply to
Stewart Schooley

I notice that Global Crossing is absent from your list. Remember, that's the company that Terry Mcaulife (you know the former head of the whole Democrat party) used to turn $100,000 into $18,000,000. And don't forget Madison Savings and Loan, run by the Clintons' business partners Jim and Susan McDougal.

You're kidding, right? "More honest than the government" is a pretty low hurdle. The fact is, none of the companies on your list are mutual fund companies that would likely be involved in SS money. I tell you what...you go find someone who pays into a retirement system and doesn't pay into SS that wants into SS. The fact is that the government took all of the money paid in from SS taxes and spent it on something else. If all I expect of a financial company is to be more honest than that, they should be easy to find.

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

There is no way to create wealth without labor. Gold has value only because human labor is required to dig it up.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

RE: SUBJECT

You take it off this list.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

No can do. It's an un-moderated usenet news group. And it's cross posted. Use your news reader software to marks the thread as "Ignore" or "read" and it won't bother you anymore. If it's that big of an issue, hit "un-subscribe."

Jeff

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey D Angus

Since I'm eligible for it, I took a long look at the program. I can get better prices from AARP, and a lot better prices from Canada. The only way I can justify signing up for it next year is if I bet I'm going to get a lot sicker in the future.

IIRC, they were some of the top corporate contributors to Bush.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

What do you think they should have done with the money - stuck it under the bed? Please tell us.

Or invest it in Enron?

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

".. and his to shall pass."

What you describe is more effort than it is worth IMHO, especially since the thread wil die of it's own weight within a couple of weeks.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Funny, when Clinton said that Social Security was in crisis the Democrats were the amen chorus.

Bush says it's in crisis and the Dems say "Oh, no, it's fine. Bush just wants to destroy it."

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bleau

Who gets to decide who 'needs' Social Security?

Jack

Reply to
John Flatley
[snip]

Errrr, I think you just described a total 100% privatization plan.

- Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

It would be better to stick it under the bed than to let the democratic congress steal it for 40 years.

Reply to
Bob

don't let me, the "robin hood" cowboy ever get in charge of things, or the rich bastards will finally pay their fair share, I don't care if it means a

99% top tax rate

I would divide all the land in the world by the number of people, and everyone would get their 20 acres or whatever.

It's God's land, he will punish Ted Turner and the other evildoers for trying to own millions of acres of it and keeping people off of God's creation

due to the nature of my job, I have gotten to know hundreds of millionaires personally, and I can say that the ones who earned it honestly, and not by exploitation of others and not through inheritance and luck and greed and crookedness, I can count on one hand. Not a very good percentage, like 1 or

2 %

disgusting

Jesus despised the wealthy of his day, the "moneychangers" at the temple

Jesus said the meek shall inherit the earth, and that rich men won't be going to heaven, and boy it is easy to see why!

cheers!

the barefoot cowboy bluesman (barefoot! - like Jesus)

Reply to
cowboy

POLITICS is a mental disorder.

-Scott

Reply to
Scott W. Harvey

And right-wing fascism is deadly to human beings.

Reply to
GregP

Sounds like you're more bent on vengeance than equity or problem-solving so your voice has little merit outside of the shallow edge of the opinion pool. Ted Turner? Is that the worst case example you could come up with to make your point? Maybe he should share his lithium treatments with you.

-Bill

cowboy wrote:

Reply to
Bill M