OT Help Request

A friend of mine says he can not reasonably obtain an adapter for his compression tester. He needs a 14mm or 18mm female on one end and a 12mm male on the other. He says he can use just an adapter or a hose with a 12mm to a quick disconnect.

I told him to try and find a solid piece the same as shown with this compression tester (the adapters):

have a source for just the adapters by any chance?

I thought JC Whitney might carry them but... No luck in my searches...

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Joe AutoDrill

RayV

It also sounds like your friend may need some of this stuff which I haven't seen in a while but somebody in NJ must sell it.

RayV

I think he is using this on a motorcycle so oil additives are a "no-no" because of the fact that the clutch runs in the oil and can slip with additives, etc.

Wed, Dec 12, 2007, 1:56pm (EST+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@youthelate.com (Joe=A0AutoDrill) A friend of mine says he can not reasonably obtain an adapter for his compression tester. He needs a 14mm or 18mm female on one end and a 12mm male on the other. He says he can use just an adapter or a hose with a

12mm to a quick disconnect. I told him to try and find a solid piece the same as shown with this compression tester (the adapters):
Anyone have a source for just the adapters by any chance? I thought JC Whitney might carry them but... No luck in my searches...

That link was waaay too slow, so abandoned it after about a minute. Not really sure what you're looking for. But there are rubber tiss you can hold in sparkplug h oles to check compression. Or, it's an old trick to use an old sparkplug and make your own. Or, go to an auto parts place, a REAL one, not Pep Boys, Advance, or that ilk. You go to a grungy place, that'll probably have a couple of cool rides outside. The local one here usually has a couple of cars belinging to empoyees, a '30s or '40s Chevy pickup, primered, fenders still not on, big engine. And, my personal favorite, a Vega station wagon, huge rear tires, and a

454. The guys at the counter are usually on t he phone, no personal calls, talking to customerers. If two of them are talking to each other, they'll damned well finish before one of them turns around and asks what you need. Note, NOT can I help you, or any other PC greeting. Chances are the guy can then walk into the back and bring out exactly what you need, or will think a second and then tell you they don't have it, but so-an-so probably does. I hope thqt place never goes out of business.

JOAT I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do them.

- Picasso

Reply to
J T