OF - Bambike

That's someone's silly way of saying bamboo bike. This is off-topic by the way, because bamboo is a grass, not wood. I didn't check this to see if it actually tells how to make a bamboo bike or not. If, I say IF, I wanted to make something like this, I'd split some bamboo and just slip it over the bike frame. But I' don't ever see myself doing anything like that.

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

6-7 years ago, high-end framebuilder Calfee did this on a whim, and it kind of caught on:

You can actually buy it. One of the options is hemp frame lugs.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Right next door to my shop is the local bike shop's assembly and storage area. Probablh 2000+ Cannondale, Trek, specialized and other higher-end bikes... About a month ago, they assembled a Bamboo bike for a customer. Something like $8,000 out the door.

I can think of lots of things to do with $8000 that are better... But that's my personal context.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Joe, Maybe one of these:

$3,000 for the frame alone. With hemp fiber seat cluster! Also not wood, sorry. Kerry

Reply to
Kerry Montgomery

Define wood... Are not trees just really tall, overgrown grassy-things?

Oh... Bike looks similar, but I wouldn't have a clue to be honest.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Joe AutoDrill

Wed, Sep 5, 2007, 6:40pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@youthelate.com (Joe=A0AutoDrill) doth sayeth: I can think of lots of things to do with $8000 that are better... But that's my personal context.

You and me both.