What we do around here...

Neither video at the link is super professional. One is done in house by our Sr. guy here (the triple spindle tapping) and the other is done by a customer (OEM) of ours.

If you are offended, scared, or allergic to stuff that might cause someone to call me and ask about my product, simply ignore this post please. The multiple spindle units can be mounted on drill press, CNC or milling machines - or even on a direct motor mount and driven by air or hydraulic stroke... So I figure this is close enough to on topic to pass the test for many here. Plus, one of you saw these already and told me to post it so I'll just use the "he told me to do it!" excuse anyway...

question I was asked is whether the units can mill... The answer is "that depends..." but probably not. The spindles are similar to a drill press spindle where side loads are not suggested. some folks are doing it in composites, but they are either rebuilding the bearing structure regularly or using bushing guides for the tooling.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Joe AutoDrill

On Feb 7, 8:12=A0am, "Joe AutoDrill" wrote: =A0The spindles are similar to a drill

Joe, how hard would it be to make an drill-press adaptor with either

3,5 or 7 bits all of 5 mm size and 32 mm apart? Bradpoints.
Reply to
Robatoy

Or some groupings like these?

Robatoy

Joe, how hard would it be to make an drill-press adaptor with either

3,5 or 7 bits all of 5 mm size and 32 mm apart? Bradpoints.

My minimum C-C at 5mm is .532" or 13.5 mm... So it shouldn't be a problem as long as the tooling had a round shank for the collet to hold.

At 32 mm, I could hold a 1/2" or 13mm tool shank if you needed to.

Check these out:

could be mounted to a drill press of your choice as long as it has a nohn-rotating quill (95% do).

Give me a call or send me a pattern(s) and I'll shoot you some better info.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Joe AutoDrill

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Joe AutoDrill

Thanks for sharing Joe, I really do appreciate you showing "what you do". I had an idea but was not certain.

That first video was a real nail biter. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

LOL. I'll try to make something a bit more realistic next time. The customer needed the video so we made it. It just happens to also be on YouTube now. :)

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill