OT: Baja house update

Tom... I said the same thing when my neighbor bought down there... I thought that all of Mexico was the same, which is like thinking that all of the US is...

Baja is a very mellow place and we feel a lot safer there than around Fresno, Ca with all the daily deaths in the paper from gang shootings and red light runners...

Actually, a lot of people call Baja "San Diego South" because it's a lot more like Calif. than mainland Mexico...

We are in no hurry to explore the mainland, especially the border towns!

Mac

mac davis

ROLF... if we exported our governator, it might start WWIII!

Better than being paranoid and dyslexic... then you think that you're following someone.. Mac

mac davis

Just as an aside, what kind of medical treatment is available should you need it? I'm guessing maybe wrongly, that for some stuff, you'd cross the border to have treated in the US, but what about sudden emergencies? Assuming that you've checked this stuff out.

Reply to
Upscale

Medical is good and very low cost... some say that's because they don't have all the BS lawsuits there that drive insurance up..

Our best quote so far, for 2 people, is about $75 US a month.. low co-pay, pick your doctor, (2 very good ones in town 7 miles away), helo-ambulance if needed, etc...

We're paying over $700 a month now for the least expensive Kaiser because every time the rates go up, we move to a plan with higher co-pay and deductible so we can afford it...

Dentist bills are low, too.. a friend just had a root canal and crown?? and the bill was under $200... that's less than my last R.C. cost here and still haven't done the crown thing.. Mac

mac davis