mini gloat?

Kind of funny... We're packing up and moving to Baja and our next door neighbor is closing his drywall business and bringing a lot of stuff home..

He gave me a nice dual tank compressor and a Rockwell benchtop table saw...

Another neighbor has a kid that's just getting into woodworking, so I gave him my Harbor Fright compressor and the old Craftsman benchtop table saw, minus motor..

I guess that's a gloat???

Mac

mac davis

Without the motor they can't sue you because he cut his finger off. :-)

Reply to
Gerald Ross

Maybe on the compressor. The saw motor will probably cost more than a new saw from Sears. That would make it the anti-gloat.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

He gave away the motorless saw.... I don't think he was trying to gloat about that.

Reply to
Locutus

He has a couple of washing machine motors that have the same rating as the one that was on the saw... just a matter of putting the supplied pulley and belt on his motor... Mac

mac davis

correct.. more about my neighbor giving me his saw and compressor from work...

I just thought I'd add that my stuff got passed on to someone that needed it and would get use out of them.. Mac

mac davis

Depends on the perspective. One party's gloat is the other party's

1/gloat...if they knew what they had. If they didn't know what they had the other party's gloat quotient is approximately zero. You can read my statistical gloat workup in the July 2004 issue of Neener, Neener magazine in the article "Thou Sucketh Mightily - Let Me Count The Ways". R
Reply to
RicodJour