OT: Are Woodworkers smarter than your average bear?

I saw this on another forum and thought it would be a bit of harmless fun. Please - don't take it too seriously.

Greg! Your IQ score is 135

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Facts Curator. This means you are highly intelligent and have picked up an impressive and unique collection of facts and figures over the years. You've got a remarkable vocabulary and exceptional math skills - which puts you in the same class as brainiacs like Bill Gates. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

Reply to
Greg Millen

I did 127 and that was before my morning tea. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

It might be interesting.

Greg Millen = 135 Jack Novak = 136

Nova

Congratulations, Doug! Your IQ score is 144

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others ? and at anticipating and predicting patterns.

"Visionary Philosopher", eh? I kinda like that.

Doug Miller

Nope--I created a fictitious identity and they didn't accept it, so I'll just never know. Previous tests have given an IQ range of 150-160.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

A fictitious identity worked for me although the first time I tried the email address I entered had already been used.

Nova

Had the IQ test actually been created by bears, presumably, all of us non-bears would have failed.

Regards,

Tom.

Thomas J. Watson - Cabinetmaker, ret. tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Congratulations, Karl! Your IQ score is 133

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others ? and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.

I am protesting the results based on color blindness! Besides, they never told me which prom dress was right for me.

Reply to
Swingman

I did that test a few months ago and got a 142.

Reply to
Leon

Congratulations, Norman! Your IQ score is 127

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Word Warrior. This means you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary. Even without trying you're able to come up with lots of new and creative ideas. And that's just a small part of what we know about you from your test results.

Now I know I'm hanging out with a bunch of "big brains"

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

You're gonna have to move, Leon ... this town ain't big enough for two geniuses!

Reply to
Swingman

...and a pretty smart guy. IQ is like blue eyes: they're both genetic gifts. And anyway it ain't what you got, it's how you use it.

Reply to
Bob Schmall

My score was 129 with exactly the same response as the paragraph above. I wonder what response it might give if someone intentionally entered most of the wrong answers.

Reply to
Upscale

after all, there wasn't a _single_ question about stealing picnic baskets

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

131 / "Word Warrier"
Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
158. If you do well on this test or enjoy tests like this, you should try the Mensa test.
Reply to
Larry C in Auburn, WA

But you flunked the spelling part, right? :)

Reply to
Swingman

And I didn't even send them the 12.95, although the phony email address used the first try had already been used.

Congratulations, Rick! Your IQ score is 133

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others - and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.

Reply to
Rick Gibson

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 09:05:11 -0400, Nova stated, with eyes & arms akimbo:

Larry Jaques = 136 Greetings, fellow Group W benchers!

Comprehensive Website & Database Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 17:46:03 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN" stated, with eyes & arms akimbo:

I forgot the "Visual Mathematician" part after 135.