oops, here is the ebay jig saw link:

guy is quite a salesman!

Reply to
Morris

> this guy is quite a salesman!

He's also an idiot. I have the same saw and have no problems at all with it.

*shrugs*
Reply to
Chris Hornberger

Too cool, he may as well be saying "the sky is blue and the grass is green!". Just don't buy this friggen piece of crap!

Alex

Reply to
AAvK

Nope, that is an inherent problem with too many of the DeWalt saws. There have been numerous complaints about the blade coming out. My buddy bought one a couple of years ago and the blade does come out during use.

Reply to
Leon

Was the ad hominem really necessary? All you really needed to say was that you disagree with his assessment of the DeWalt jigsaw.

*frowns*
Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Ok, fine. I disagree with his assessment of the DeWalt jigsaw.

Bashing it in a for sale ad is what makes him an idiot.

PS... mine still performs flawlessly.

Reply to
Chris Hornberger

"Chris Hornberger" wrote in news:mNednbl-QONeVw snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

For the price of an eBay auction, he gets to blow off some steam. The price of the saw is a sunk cost, not to be recovered.

Some folks really don't want to pass on a lousy tool to anybody, really, at any price. Cheap way to stick it to DeWalt, in some small, but personally satisfying way.

It sure isn't about the money.

Patriarch, thinking some folks want to be the stuff of eBay legend....

Reply to
patriarch

don't buy this friggen piece of crap!

So what happened to warranties? Something being fir for its intended purpose? All that consumer protection stuff Ralph Nader forced on industry? If it didn't work well, it should have been returned - FAST!

FoggyTown

Reply to
Mike Girouard

"patriarch snipped-for-privacy@nospam.comcastDOTnet"

Ok, you got me there. That's probably one of the most valid points made.

*tips hat*
Reply to
Chris Hornberger

"patriarch snipped-for-privacy@nospam.comcastDOTnet" For the price of an eBay auction, he gets to blow off some steam. The

Additionally he has an up front disclaimer. He should not have to worry about the buyer complaining that this particular saw may be a POS especially when the blade comes out.

Reply to
Leon

I'm in the market fer a new saw and while doing research, I came across this. Chris, either you have very low standards or you got lucky. Take a look at the reviews.

Morris

if the saw was worth a darn, IMHO it is physically tooooooooo large.

Reply to
Leon