Old Sears Craftsman Planer model # 113.20621 - looking for manual

My father-in-law just recently gave me an old Sears Craftsman Planer that he 's had and used for a number of years, and he purchased it used. I believe the planer was made in the mid to late sixties, but I know the model number is 113.20621 When he gave it to me, he told me that he didn't have the owners manual for it.

I've gone to the Sears web site and they do have the exploded parts view of the tool, but they do not have most, or any of the parts (especially the manual). I've also searched the web and have found a couple of leads, but as of this moment some of the email addresses are dead, or the people haven't gotten back in touch with me yet.

I was hoping that someone might have a copy that they might sell, or perhaps will make copy. I would be willing to pay for the trouble.

Thanks

John Barrington

Reply to
John B.

snip

There is a manual for a later model here:

may be of some help.

Reply to
Frank Campbell

I bought a similar model on ebay a short time ago. After checking on the Sears website, and discovering the OEM went out of business...I scrapped it. I kept the motor that came with it. Good luck! Joe

Reply to
KB8QLR

Reply to
Nut tree

Try this URL

My father-in-law just recently gave me an old Sears Craftsman Planer that he

Reply to
Anne Watson

Are the two of you related through the same father in law ? One leaves it with their father in law, and the other has given to them by their father in law. A long lost branch of the family is found! All via the amazing netwoek of woodworking.

JAW

Nut tree wrote:

Reply to
JAW

To Anne Watson and Frank Campbell,

Thanks to each of you for the link, but I had found the site through an earlier web search. The site only had a reference link where it looked like someone had rebuilt the planer and was dsiplaying pictures of it.

To KB8QLR,

If this palner appears to be a monster to find parts for, or to just operate in a safe manner, then I might just put a "For Sale" sign on it. It might be great for someone that wants the entire thing, or they might want it for parts for another existing unit. I did a search on the Sears web site, and I found they still had the unit on record. They had an exploded view of the parts, as well as a list of the parts, but whenever I tested to see if they still had any of the parts (knobs, handles, ...), the site told me that no parts were available. I went ahead and made a copy of the parts list they were showing, as well as the exploded parts view, just in case Sears stops providing this information about the unit.

To Nut tree,

I can see what you mean about it could/can be a beast. Roughly 40 years has past since this thing was made, and I'm sure that many safety features have been implimented during the years. I hope that you may have the manual. I'd like to read-up on the manual before I turn this thing on (as well as getting other reading material about planers). Let me know if you were able to find the manual or not.

To JAW

I sort of chuckled when I read his message too. However, my first thought was that his father-in-law gave it to my father-in-law. These things appear to be *VERY* well built, but as KB8QLR implied, these 40 year old planers appear to be a bit dangerous to run. Maybe these things have lasted this long because they are well built, or because people have only used them or twice and became scared to use them again, so they just collected garage dust until they were given away again and again. A thought did cross my mind that a son never gave this beast to his father, or the father to the son. It only seems to be an "In-Law" thing. I guess that my next freebie gift from my father-in-law might be something like an old set lawn darts. :-)

Reply to
John B.

UPDATE

I just received an email from a gentleman that has a copy of the manual. He just informed me that he has posted it on his web site. He has also told me that he will leave it there for a while if there are other people that wish to have a copy. The only page that he didn't included was page two. That page just had some generic safety rules.

I just wanted to past forward the link to anyone looking for a copy:

to everyone that replied!

Reply to
John B.

Is it possible to get a copy of the manual or to have it posted again

Reply to
Milton

Is it? I've used mine countless times and haven't felt any particular danger. Use paddles and a good push stick and all should be fine.

Now a toe-kick saw -- that is a scary little beast. I'm still traumatized.

Reply to
Michael

Jim

You replied to an 18 year old post.

Reply to
Leon

Maybe it's an attempt to rewrite the past 18 years of history that occurred due to the lack of the manual? ;~)

Reply to
John Grossbohlin