Old FWW Article

I vaguely remember an article in FWW within the past year or two about working with and finishing birds eye maple. Can anyone point me to which issue it is? Or was I dreaming?

Remove the 'remove' in my address to e:mail me.

Reply to
SteveC1280

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comremove (SteveC1280) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m22.aol.com:

Teri Masaschi in the May/June 2003 issue pg 44.

FWIW, I've also had very good luck with the early American maple method by Jeff Jewitt

I've used Jewitt's method on both birdseye and curly maple with good effect. I like it because it calls for oil before shellac, which gives an appearance that I prefer.

p.s. A word of advice, you might want go light on the aniline dye and test on scraps first. It always looks a little muddy right after the dye goes on, but the figure pops back after the oil.

Reply to
Nate Perkins

I vaguely remember an article in FWW within the last year or two about finishing birds eye maple. Can anyone point me to which issue it was in?

TIA