Old Chisels

I recently picked up two chisels at a yard sale for $1.00. That's a dollar for both. They look old, and I just wondered if anyone here can shed some light on them.

First one is a Solliden, Sweden chisel. Blade is about 3/4" wide and 4" long from wood. Handle has wheat carved pattern, and is 1 1/4" diameter. It is a light colored wood. Round end on wood. Brass sleeve where wood joins metal. Brass sleeve has small lines on it that look like increments on a ruler.

Second is an older looking one. Blade 3/4" wide and 6" long from wood to end. Dark brown handle that looks like hardwood. Blade has "C. B. Curtis" stamped on it. There is another stamp that is near the C. B. Curtis, but it is hard to read. It looks like "H. S. & C" or the H might be a P or F. A smaller mark says, "KO 5X", but is hard to read.

The chisels are in very good condition for their ages.

I have Googled, and looked at eBay, but haven't found much.

Any info would be appreciated as to their history. E mail me if you like, and I can send you some close up pics if necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB